B air dryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B air dryers

So I haven't been here in ages, and am no longer grooming professionally due to surgery, but I need a dryer for my cocker. I have a metro and hate it. I saw the specs on the b air and thought it might be worth it, but would love for someone that has actually used it to tell me if it's worth while.

I was specifically looking at this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear the B Air is OK, no stellar reports.

Comment

I meant for holding up long term.

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
        I meant for holding up long term.
        Do you think it would hold up to one dog long term? I use my metro once every 1-2 weeks on my cocker. I certainly don't need a k9 for just one dog, but hate, hate, hate my metro, plus it has no heat.

Comment

I love my metro. Haven't used it in about 6 months until today. They hold up extremely well. Have had this one for over 10 years. Has been run over , dropped repeatedly yanked etc.... runs just as well as the day I got it

Comment

Originally posted by CockerGirl View Post
            Do you think it would hold up to one dog long term? I use my metro once every 1-2 weeks on my cocker. I certainly don't need a k9 for just one dog, but hate, hate, hate my metro, plus it has no heat.

Well, no HV has heat except from the motor warming up....
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
              Well, no HV has heat except from the motor warming up....
              Sorry but that's not true, I own three different brands that do, sell two brands that do and know of 4 that do.
              Master equipment flash hv/ stand dryer combo has heat on/ off
              Aeolus cyclone is variable speed hv with heat on/ off
              Chris Christensen new extreme heat hv do not have on off switch but produce more heat than their regular pup dryers
              Shammy dryers made in USA have heat option as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Normally I use the hv/heat dryer called Master Blaster? I really like it.. it's not a very powerful dryer, but I love that it's smaller and a combo for my small salon. I do one maybe 2 dogs a day. Anyway.. it died a couple of weeks ago and the shipper has lost it. I think the company sent a new one.. but it's still lost in San Diego. So I had to buy a dryer. I bought the B-air II and used it today. Wow.. super powerful. I'm sure it will be just fine for what I do and it did warm up after a few minutes.

My only complaint about the B-Air II is the hose and nozzle. The Master Blaster combo dryer has a smaller, much nicer flexible hose. The B-Air is very stiff and I can see how it would damage a hand or wrist after a while! I'm just surprised at how inflexible the hose is.

Anyway.. I'll give my hairy lab a bath tomorrow and see how quick I can get him dry.
                Debbie
                There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                  Sorry but that's not true, I own three different brands that do, sell two brands that do and know of 4 that do.
                  Master equipment flash hv/ stand dryer combo has heat on/ off
                  Aeolus cyclone is variable speed hv with heat on/ off
                  Chris Christensen new extreme heat hv do not have on off switch but produce more heat than their regular pup dryers
                  Shammy dryers made in USA have heat option as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  I stand corrected!

Comment

I have used B Air as well as many other brands, but when it came to a dryer for my own dogs, I chose an X Power dryer. I got the one with a variable speed dial and I love it! Affordable, quality build, easy to maintain. Just throwing another name out there for you to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
                      I have used B Air as well as many other brands, but when it came to a dryer for my own dogs, I chose an X Power dryer. I got the one with a variable speed dial and I love it! Affordable, quality build, easy to maintain. Just throwing another name out there for you to check out.
                      So it has help up well with occasional use, what do you think if used daily by a housecall person?

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
                        So it has help up well with occasional use, what do you think if used daily by a housecall person?
                        I had the variable speed stand dryer (Xpower b16), I am HB...dryer was used daily for some dogs, filters cleaned daily. It lasted 2 yrs....one day I turned it on and it threw my breaker, made a big pop and smoke came poring out of the arm of it.
                        I quickly chuncked it out the door, it smoked for about 5 mins....needless to say it dosent work anymore. I could probably replace parts....but would never trust this dryer again so it is in the barn.

Comment

So it sounds like I could get away with this dryer for my one dog and be fine.

Comment

It's an OK dryer for limited uses compared to workhorses like Double K or K9s.

Comment

[QUOTE=daesue;697420]Normally I use the hv/heat dryer called Master Blaster? I really like it.. it's not a very powerful dryer, but I love that it's smaller and a combo for my small salon. I do one maybe 2 dogs a day. Anyway.. it died a couple of weeks ago and the shipper has lost it. I think the company sent a new one.. but it's still lost in San Diego. So I had to buy a dryer. I bought the B

Will your hose not stay put in the coupling? That's what happened to mine not long after I got it. I have to duct tape it to keep it in. Besides that I love mine. I have the variable speed. But having to duct tape is a pain nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                              X