DIY bather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY bather

Hubby made me a recirculating bather and I used it for the first time on clients dogs today. I have been grooming for 13 years and am very particular about the way my dogs are washed. I believe that a good groom starts with a clean coat. All I have to say is "Where has this bather been for the last 13 years!"

The first dog I washed dried so quickly and so well. The coat was wonderful to finish scissor. It is a dog I do on a regular basis (cockapoo) and I thought maybe it was a result of the coat changing due to the season. By the time I had washed, dried, and finished my 2nd and 3rd dogs I had to admit that this bather is getting the dogs cleaner than I was by hand bathing. Just that little tiny bit made a difference for the better in my grooms today. I am very happy with my grooming ability but the finish on these dogs was better and I feel like it will last longer.

I can't wait to use it on a big hair dog and see how that goes....

I've been using a bathing system since the early 1990's..........so where have you been !!

For all you groomers that still hand wash......a bathing system is faster, easier and does a great job, plus your body will thank you as the years pass by. Of course, you still have to hand wash the head twice.

Happy saving your body

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I bet you will find that you especially enjoy it on big, hairy dogs.

Comment

The Grooming School I went to used the tank system. You filled up a 50 gallon tank with water then poured in the shampoo and it pumped the shampoo mixture from there. I didn't mind that system since it had really good pressure and seemed to get the dogs clean but it was not practical for a small salon.

Then first place I worked after school didn't have any bathing system. The next place had a Bath Master then a Hydrosurge continuous pump bathing systems. I hated both of those. The Bath Master was much better than the Hydrosurge especially since you had to use their shampoo (which I hated). When I started my own in-home salon I had decided that I was getting the dogs much cleaner and easier by hand bathing than by any bathing system I had used. I didn't know about recirculating systems.

Enter "The Groom Pod". After listen to Barbra and Susy talk about the Bathing Beauty several times I decided that maybe I needed to try it out. The price tag was a bit daunting and Hubby said he could make one. The rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by S_Toast View Post
          Hubby made me a recirculating bather and I used it for the first time on clients dogs today. I have been grooming for 13 years and am very particular about the way my dogs are washed. I believe that a good groom starts with a clean coat. All I have to say is "Where has this bather been for the last 13 years!"

The first dog I washed dried so quickly and so well. The coat was wonderful to finish scissor. It is a dog I do on a regular basis (cockapoo) and I thought maybe it was a result of the coat changing due to the season. By the time I had washed, dried, and finished my 2nd and 3rd dogs I had to admit that this bather is getting the dogs cleaner than I was by hand bathing. Just that little tiny bit made a difference for the better in my grooms today. I am very happy with my grooming ability but the finish on these dogs was better and I feel like it will last longer.

I can't wait to use it on a big hair dog and see how that goes....
          Good for you ! I am still hand bathing . Can you describe with pics maybe, how your hubby made your bathing system ? My hubby is very handy, too 😉

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

When I open my own place I'm going to get a recirculating system going but the place I'm at now has these things. We used to hand wash everything but this actually works pretty darn well. We fill it up with about 25% shampoo and then fill with water and it actually works pretty darn well until the shampoo gets too diluted and then we dump out some and save it for face wash and then add in more shampoo. All for 80 bucks.

https://www.mortonproducts.com/page.cfm/1532

Comment

This is a really interesting thread because I see how ideas can kind of get stuck in the head, like the idea that hand bathing is more effective. I get that a lot with cat grooming. Vets still are saying, "Cats don't need to be groomed." They see plenty of matted cats, cats with ingrown claws, but somehow it doesn't register because they're got an old idea.
              Enjoy your bathing system!! So fun to have a different tool to use.

Comment

I agree I would love to know how it was made. I'm mobile and feel like I'm using alot of water lately trying to get pups clean. (Doesn't help my tank is 10 gallons smaller then I'm use 2)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                  This is a really interesting thread because I see how ideas can kind of get stuck in the head, like the idea that hand bathing is more effective. I get that a lot with cat grooming. Vets still are saying, "Cats don't need to be groomed." They see plenty of matted cats, cats with ingrown claws, but somehow it doesn't register because they're got an old idea.
                  Enjoy your bathing system!! So fun to have a different tool to use.
                  The AVMA and AAHA have journals. I think they need to be sent an article on why cats should be groomed. I bet they would give it strong thought.

Comment

I totally agree! I work at an animal shelter and we used to wash all the dogs by hand and hose. Nobody wanted to do the work haha, but now that we got a new dog wash station everyone feels so much better. Even the dogs love it. I work with a few elder care takers that have said this was the best investment our shelter ever made! It relieves the stran on the back and helps you do the work so much faster. Good Luck!

Comment

Do you have a picture of this that your hubby made. Would love to try and make one to make life easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X