Stand Dryer suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Dryer suggestions

I'm saving up for a stand dryer since I now have floor space for one. I have the Edemco table mounted one but its weak, very little force & the arm likes to swing out so I have to tie it in place to even use it. I was looking at the Master Equipment Super Dry Stand Dryer (pink one). Just looking for opinions on this dryer & other stand dryer suggestions. I don't cage dry so all drying is done on the table & i'm getting several new dogs that hate the force dryer around the head even when the force dryer is turned down (variable speed), the dogs are just used to being cage dried. I have a few longer haired client dogs that i'd like to be hands free brushing plus my own spoo I like to put in a continental.
    Thanks.

Love the Speedy D15 Rocket dryer. It's a little pricey, but they last forever and are very quiet.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I like the challengair from Double K.

Comment

Double k is a workhorse.
        Advice- don't skimp on a stand dryer. Get something solid, sturdy, and with a stand that has at least five legs for a base. There's nothing worse than having the dryer fall over when you bump it slightly.

Comment

I don't know if they've fixed the issue with the double K with the motor mounted a different way, but I hated mine. They would literally spin around when ran.

I like Oster for a couple of reasons, it's very quiet, like can carry on a phone conversation quiet, and it stays put. Both the arm and the nozzle.

I've owned double K, Edemco 7001, a liberty and used several other of the smaller Edemcos. The Edemcos are workhorses and I don't mind them, but unless you get the big one airflow is an issue, and I don't like the having to cool it off before you turn it off thing.

Comment

I have the Xpower stand dryer....I like it ok, it is variable speed aonic. I really want a wall mounted aeolus from Itza instead...not in my budget yet .
            I have also had the Oster stand dryer and it is a work horse...will last forever, too bad I sold mine...sure wish I hadn't sold it. Ah well live and learn.
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Saw more on spinning Double K. They spin unless the bolts are tightened enough to prevent spin. Had thrvd amebiasis until I learned.

Comment

I have an Oster stand dryer also. Like it cause it's quiet, has 4 heat settings, and it stays where you put it. It's a work horse, has never given me any grief either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                  Saw more on spinning Double K. They spin unless the bolts are tightened enough to prevent spin. Had thrvd amebiasis until I learned.
                  My bolts were tight, all three I owned did the same thing. No I'm not a brute for punishment, I inherited one with a shop I bought, and was given one by a friend after I bought and sold my original one.

Honey, your phone cracks me up. Usually I can interpret, but was is thrvd amebiasis?

Comment

I've owned my Oster stand dryer since 1987 and have NEVER had a problem with it. Since going mobile, I use it in my bathroom and dry my hair within 5 min from start to finish. It has instant heat when you turn it on, and has four 14" long legs that you absolutely can not knock over.

Happy getting my money's worth

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I bought the Oster when I first started so it's 4 years old and I use it a lot. I do agree it is a workhorse and it's not that I don't like it because I do like it and I don't have anything to compare it to anyway since it's all I ever used. But, one of the wheels broke off recently and it's been little hard for me to move the arm at times or it falls down for at least two years. But still I am not unhappy with it. The sound is low that is very important to me.

When I go to Superzoo I am going to look at purchasing a new one though. I love dryers but I am not going to make any more big purchases without actually testing the product first.

Comment

Dang Lilly, my Oster dryer was 20 yrs old and never had a problem with it.
                        Update on Xpower dryer....mine is/was 1 1/2 yrs old and when I turned it on today it blew my breaker and smoke came poring out of it! I quickly unplugged it and threw it outside. No damage done but dryer no longer works. (Filters are cleaned daily so that wasnt its issue) Guess I am in the market for a new one myself.....just emailed Itza about the TD905 wall mount as I don't have much floor space...but IDK if I can afford it atm though. I suppose I can just have hubby replace the motor.....UGH!

Comment

I think things might have been made a little better 20 years ago too. IDK. I don't feel I am too rough with it. I watched a little of Itza's video on the wall mount and it seemed a little clunky operating it. I know she just got it so hopefully it gets smoother. That Xpower smoking is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by lillypeanut View Post
                            I think things might have been made a little better 20 years ago too. IDK. I don't feel I am too rough with it. I watched a little of Itza's video on the wall mount and it seemed a little clunky operating it. I know she just got it so hopefully it gets smoother. That Xpower smoking is scary.
                            Scary it was, but I just reacted and thought about it later. I have contacted Xpower and they sent me a pdf for my hubs to check it over with a meter (hubs is very talented) to see what the issue is exactly. It could be it was just a lemon as I don't often use it, as could be your Oster dryer....factory defects happen.

Comment

Osters are great too.

Comment

Working...
                              X