Steady drying table for big harries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady drying table for big harries

Any suggestions for a steady drying table that will accommodate big dogs who are not used to grooming? It seems that people in my area with Newfoundland, Great Pyrenees, etc don't get them groomed until the dog is older and has an issue that requires a trip to the vet. Then the vet tells them the dog needs grooming. Drying in the tub is hard on my back because the tub is a shower base. It's wide and the dogs glue themselves to the back wall. I have an electric Lil Pup for grooming and I love it but I'm hoping to find something less expensive for the bathing room.

I am not thinking of one very affordable. The best steady ones are top dollar like Ultralift.

Comment

Q Groom Electric or hydraulic. I put my large heavy hairy dogs on it and it doesn't move.

Comment

Also, Q Groom are on special right now at Ren's in Canada. $749 I think regular app. 1,000

Comment

Originally posted by petstimes2 View Post
          I am not thinking of one very affordable. The best steady ones are top dollar like Ultralift.
          That's what I'm afraid of. I was looking at the Top Dog from Ultra Lift but hoping I could go with something cheaper.

Comment

A large coffee table with a grooming arm attached! Low enough they can jump up on, but high enough you aren't on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJL View Post
              Any suggestions for a steady drying table that will accommodate big dogs who are not used to grooming? It seems that people in my area with Newfoundland, Great Pyrenees, etc don't get them groomed until the dog is older and has an issue that requires a trip to the vet. Then the vet tells them the dog needs grooming. Drying in the tub is hard on my back because the tub is a shower base. It's wide and the dogs glue themselves to the back wall. I have an electric Lil Pup for grooming and I love it but I'm hoping to find something less expensive for the bathing room.

I'm having the same problem, I'm close to building a work table for big dogs, I don't trust half the tables i've used.

Comment

That's what I'm afraid of. I was looking at the Top Dog from Ultra Lift but hoping I could go with something cheaper.
                You won't be happy with a cheaper table if you have an Ultralift already. Sad to say you are spoiled. me too.
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

My dream is an ultralift.

Comment

I love my Shoreline tables. Way nicer than my Ultralift tables. But the work table idea for big haries sounds like a cool idea. Make it low enough to get them on and longer and a little wider with a rubber mat on top and a groom arm.

Comment

I think a make over on my work table will be the best low budget solution. The current one is too low for my legs to fit under when I sit on a stool and too wide (dogs glue themselves to back wall and I can't reach them.) I need a set up that won't do in my back. I'll look into Shoreline. I'd really like something that goes up and down.
                      Tom: is the Shoreline steady and well built?

Comment

If you can get them on it, I would go with simple counter top against the wall. Eases drying and the big guys are MUCH more secure. Use an electric to lift them up if you had too. I would never be without counter drying if I were in a shop. And SUPER cheap!

Comment

I think a make over on my work table will be the best low budget solution. The current one is too low for my legs to fit under when I sit on a stool and too wide (dogs glue themselves to back wall and I can't reach them.) I need a set up that won't do in my back. I'll look into Shoreline. I'd really like something that goes up and down.
                          Tom: is the Shoreline steady and well built?
                          I just bought a existing shop and it has 2 Shoreline tables and they are of the highest quality and I have seen many tables over the years. We have an orange table and green. They are so bright and cool to look at. My vans have Ultralift and they are well built but I feel they are over built and way too heavy. Shoreline is lighter and balanced and you can control the up and down from either side.

Comment

No way Irish. Yes Shorline are very good, but to say way better is to say there is 7 star rating in a 5 star top score. I have both too, no way. Both are excellent.

Comment

Prefer Ultralift a bit more, but Shor Line cages I like as well as Snyder and Clark.

Comment

Working...
                              X