Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whistling dryer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whistling dryer

    Hi everyone, I need some advise because I am at a lose on how to fix this.

    I have a B Air HV dryer and it has always had this ear piercing whistle whenever I turn it on. If I disconnect the hose it doesn't do it, so I know that it is the hose that is causing the scream.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance for any help or advise.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

  • #2
    Sounds like a hole in your hose. Find it....tape it up and order a new hose.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

    Comment


    • #3
      What Cyn said. Yes it has happened multiple times to our dryer hoses. Find it, duct tape it, order a new hose. If you tape it tight, you may be able to use it for some time, keetp the new hose as backup until it finally goes.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have the same problem. Thanks for the tip, Cyn!

        Comment


        • #5
          Every one is welcome!
          Voice of experience speaking, lol, I use black 88 tape have done so for many yrs.....will order new one but don't replace until tape has given it up. As we speak, my HV dryer has a taped up hose, I have a replacement hose.....
          But won't exchange it till tape gives it up!
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

          Comment


          • #6
            I can't thank you enough Cyn! I found my hole in the hose, wrapped it up and now I don't scare the tar out of the dogs when I turn on the dryer. I knew someone wiser than me would have the answer.

            Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Where do you order replacements from? I'm having trouble finding the Bear Power II hose with screw on attachments. I need a nozzle too, and I can't find them anywhere!

              Comment


              • #8
                Petedge.com carries b air replacement hoses for the bear and their pro series. I'm waiting to hear back from b air if either of those will work for the bear 2. I will post back when I hear from them.

                Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by er1cka View Post
                  I can't thank you enough Cyn! I found my hole in the hose, wrapped it up and now I don't scare the tar out of the dogs when I turn on the dryer. I knew someone wiser than me would have the answer.

                  Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                  Lol, don't know about wiser than you but as I said been there done that with holes in hoses.
                  Don't know where to get Bear Power hoses as I use a Double K dryer.
                  Ok, I just looked and you need to contact B Air for an adapter for their new hoses to work if you have an older Bear dryer. Try this number and see if they can help 877-800-2247.
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by er1cka View Post
                    Petedge.com carries b air replacement hoses for the bear and their pro series. I'm waiting to hear back from b air if either of those will work for the bear 2. I will post back when I hear from them.

                    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                    No good, it's a different attachment mechanism. Thanks though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                      Ok, I just looked and you need to contact B Air for an adapter for their new hoses to work if you have an older Bear dryer. Try this number and see if they can help 877-800-2247.
                      Thanks, I'll give that a shot

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X