Whistling dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistling dryer

Hi everyone, I need some advise because I am at a lose on how to fix this.

I have a B Air HV dryer and it has always had this ear piercing whistle whenever I turn it on. If I disconnect the hose it doesn't do it, so I know that it is the hose that is causing the scream.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance for any help or advise.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a hole in your hose. Find it....tape it up and order a new hose.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

What Cyn said. Yes it has happened multiple times to our dryer hoses. Find it, duct tape it, order a new hose. If you tape it tight, you may be able to use it for some time, keetp the new hose as backup until it finally goes.

Comment

I have the same problem. Thanks for the tip, Cyn!

Comment

Every one is welcome!
          Voice of experience speaking, lol, I use black 88 tape have done so for many yrs.....will order new one but don't replace until tape has given it up. As we speak, my HV dryer has a taped up hose, I have a replacement hose.....
          But won't exchange it till tape gives it up!

Comment

I can't thank you enough Cyn! I found my hole in the hose, wrapped it up and now I don't scare the tar out of the dogs when I turn on the dryer. I knew someone wiser than me would have the answer.

Comment

Where do you order replacements from? I'm having trouble finding the Bear Power II hose with screw on attachments. I need a nozzle too, and I can't find them anywhere!

Comment

Petedge.com carries b air replacement hoses for the bear and their pro series. I'm waiting to hear back from b air if either of those will work for the bear 2. I will post back when I hear from them.

Comment

Originally posted by er1cka View Post
                  I can't thank you enough Cyn! I found my hole in the hose, wrapped it up and now I don't scare the tar out of the dogs when I turn on the dryer. I knew someone wiser than me would have the answer.

Lol, don't know about wiser than you but as I said been there done that with holes in hoses.
                  Don't know where to get Bear Power hoses as I use a Double K dryer.
                  Ok, I just looked and you need to contact B Air for an adapter for their new hoses to work if you have an older Bear dryer. Try this number and see if they can help 877-800-2247.

Comment

Originally posted by er1cka View Post
                    Petedge.com carries b air replacement hoses for the bear and their pro series. I'm waiting to hear back from b air if either of those will work for the bear 2. I will post back when I hear from them.

No good, it's a different attachment mechanism. Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                      Ok, I just looked and you need to contact B Air for an adapter for their new hoses to work if you have an older Bear dryer. Try this number and see if they can help 877-800-2247.
                      Thanks, I'll give that a shot

Comment

Working...
                      X