Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Equipment

Hi,

Just want to introduce myself. I'm the husband of a groomer. We own a small shop in a town of about 10000. I'm always being ask to solve problems and build equipment for the shop.

I managed to come across a 3 electric drafting tables that can lift up to 300lbs. I've modified 2 and built tables for both of the girls, and I'm almost finished modifying the 3rd for a tub lift. We really needed the height adjustable tub because 1 groomer is about a foot taller than my wife.. I was hearing lots of complaints about bad backs. I'll post pictures of the setup soon.

The other project I'm working on is building a bathing system. After looking to purchase one I discovered that I could build my own A LOT cheaper and probably better built quality.

I have a few extra parts ordered for the bathing system and was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying a cheap system. Probably cost less than $200 depending on whats included. I'm not taking orders, but if this is something you would be interested in I could make a couple more.
    Last edited by paddock; 05-25-10, 10:02 PM. Reason: Add pic

Sounds interesting

Good for you! Creative and practical and handy; I like that in a man, lol!!

I'm sure the groomers appreciate the tables, and will appreciate the tub system.

I am not in the market for a bathing system, but someone else may be.

Post pics of your tables and tub lift when you can, too. Always some great ideas on here. Have you seen the homemade power bather?? (Like the Hydrosurge and Bathing Beauty? Your wife might love one of those, too.)

Comment

i wish i could afford one right now..it would make life much easier!
      Please post a pic of the finished product!

Comment

Oh man, I wish you could train my fiancée to do stuff like that!! Good luck with the bathing systems & tables.

Comment

I've looked at the power washers. It's not something my wife is really interested in, probably because she hasn't tried one. But they look very easy to make. I could probably add a pump to the mixing system to increase the water pressure, use only fresh water and not recirculate it. I guess anything is possible. The nice thing about the system I'm building now is the reliability. It's build from heavy duty brass valves and aluminium or PVC casing. Should last a lifetime. The only problems maybe a leak around a hose or something minor like that. I'll post pictures soon.

Comment

Here's a couple pics of the steps. Anyone could make these. The lift up the back and roll it around.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's the tables. They only go down to 24". But lift to 40".
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a couple pics and video of the tub and shampoo system.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41/michaelbp/

Comment

I would be interested in the recirculating bathing system.......I would need it to hook up easy because I', pretty lame when it somes to being able to set it up, it would really have to be easy...I have one now but I do not use it much because I notice the dogs still have that dog smells to them when done.....or the cats still seem to have a greasy coat but would love to try i different one and have on hand for back up.

Good Luck it would be a great idea and you would have lots of groomers to give you other pointers also maybe take your stuff to the vending shows eventually you may have your own business!!!!! LOL Way to go!!!!!

Comment

Thanks CB.

I don't really want to start a business with this. I have a full time job as a computer engineer, and helping with the shop keeps me busy. But I could make a few. The nice thing about it is all parts are available at the hardware store and can be assembled buy any plumber or handy person. But there isn't anything to really fail. We've been using it for over month.

Comment

really nice setup!
                      Debi
                      http://www.uppypuppydogsalon.com
                      My life is lived in the company of dogs

Comment

I'm looking for a bathing system. I'd like one with the power bathing feature. Would yours have that? Your wife is lucky to have you. My husband is a software engineer. He's fabulous when there is a computer problem. And he's fabulous most of the time anyway.

Comment

That is pretty neat, you should pass out the schematics *wink* since your not in the business lol. That is pretty ingenious! I never woild have thought to make that kind of bathing system.. I use a recirc, but that is neat to know how to make. Hell any of those are pretty neat!

Comment

Originally posted by wendtd View Post
                            I'm looking for a bathing system. I'd like one with the power bathing feature. Would yours have that? Your wife is lucky to have you. My husband is a software engineer. He's fabulous when there is a computer problem. And he's fabulous most of the time anyway.
                            What do you mean by "power bathing"? A re-circulator? or something that takes existing water pressure and boosts it, while injecting shampoo?

I can build you a system that will boost your water pressure and inject shampoo. Similar to a re-circulator but only uses fresh clean water. Anyone interesting in something like that?

Comment

Yes Paddock, that would be neat to see... Particentral has a great tutorial on a few systems but I'd like to see what you've got in mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X