I've got Hanvey Fever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got Hanvey Fever!

Just got my Hanvey Bathing Beauty & wow! Not to mention fun?! I got to use it today for the first time, on a few good candidates might i add, and it's just awesome. I'm almost upset that I have a bather... allllllmost
    So my fellow bathing beauties... just a few questions.
    How much shampoo do you generally use with a recirc system? Same dilution if you were to go by hand (never again!) or will a couple good squirts do?
    How often do you clean your systems (moderately busy shop)? The instructions say per week/month. I've also read on the forum to use a vinegar solution... does that ever cause the next dog to smell like vinegar? Or are there other cleaning products that can be used? (I just haaate the smell of vinegar)

Thanks!

I too love my BB. To answer your questions, here is my take. I just give a couple squirts of shampoo into the water, I don't bother measuring. I take my BB apart to thoroughly clean only once every 2-3 months, but I am a one-person, part-time shop. I groom about 18-21 dogs per WEEK. I do though run vinegar (straight) through the BB at the end of every day. I have never had a pet smell like vinegar afterward. I can't imagine ever hand-washing again either.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

If you hate the smell of vinegar ( I like it )

you can use Chlorox 2 the non bleach one. It can collect underneath, but it cleans ok and was recommended by the company. White vinegar smells less than apple cider. IMO. Big cheap bottles at costco. So you don't like to eat salads? Oil and vinegar ones?

Comment

what exactly do you do when you "take it all apart"? I have had a bathing beauty for several years now and didnt realize I was suppose to be doing anything more than runing vinger through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
          you can use Chlorox 2 the non bleach one. It can collect underneath, but it cleans ok and was recommended by the company. White vinegar smells less than apple cider. IMO. Big cheap bottles at costco. So you don't like to eat salads? Oil and vinegar ones?
          HAHA! I do love salads with Oil & Vin or a nice vinegrette... but i guess it's like people who hate tomatoes, but eat ketchup. Or like my BF who haaates fruit (crazy I know!) but I'll catch him eating a dried cranberry or something!

Comment

Yep just a dollop

of shampoo, placing the BB on the spot. I clean with Vinegar and don't like the smell. I just run it through for a few minutes. No it will not smell after the fact, since you drain it out. I do suggest you pick it up and let it drain between dogs or when left. If I have a real stained leg/legs I use a bit of my safe EZ Groom concentrate and will scrub a dub a bit - like on my mud digging wading pool loving Brittany before the show ring.

Have fun.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Working...
            X