Bathing systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathing systems?

I have looked at seveal bathing systems. I like the Hyrdrosurge but the expense is so much. I have thought about just having hose coming from the main valves with a cut-off. The groomer where I am doing my apprenticeship we are using the old Hydrosurge system, which they have updated to 4 intakes and up the cost by about $500. I have also looked at the Quadabeth.

What do others think?

I have a homemade recirculating system. I love it! It was not difficult to make (for my husband). It saves me alot of time and stress to my hands. I have used aBathmaster system and tho' it is OK, I prefer the recirculating system.

sittingpretty

Comment

bathing system

Originally posted by shorty View Post
      I have looked at seveal bathing systems. I like the Hyrdrosurge but the expense is so much. I have thought about just having hose coming from the main valves with a cut-off. The groomer where I am doing my apprenticeship we are using the old Hydrosurge system, which they have updated to 4 intakes and up the cost by about $500. I have also looked at the Quadabeth.

What do others think?
      Petedge has thier brand of the hydrosurge for $500.Check it out, Their brand is usually as good as if not better than the well known brands. Exact same thing but much cheaper and you can use any shampoo in it.

Comment

i just ordered...

a bathing beauty from Ms. Barbara Bird. I'm so excited...I can't wait to use it!! Bye bye hand washin!!!

Comment

The money I saved this year on my shampoo cost has covered about 1/2 the cost of my Hyrdosurge. I bought 2 of them last summer. A gallon of Natures Specialities lasts about 2 1/2 months. I wash about 10-15 dogs a day. I was going through a gallon a week by diluting @ $32 a gallon. Its a cost effective choose!

Comment

Prima vs Hydrosurge

I currently use a Prima and am fascinated with the concept of not having to dilute 15 gal of one shampoo at once..... I like the idea of dilution as needed with up to 4 products. Can anyone else compare prima to hydrosurge?

Thx!

Comment

hmm

I find I use more shampoo with my bathing system then when I hand washed... still makes it easier as I don't have to mix shampoo and all that... but I'm not sure how to save shampoo with a recirculator. Water yes... shampoo no.

Comment

Which one?

I'm also thinking of getting a bathing system. I'm trying to decide between the Hydrosurge and the PetEdge in-house
                brand.
                Does anyone know if the Hydrosurge really is worth twice as much? I've watched the video and looked at the information
                on both... but without hands on it is hard to really know.

Comment

I still haven't decided on whether or not to ever get a bathing system. When I opened my shop I started with a "car wash nozzle" from Brookstone that has a soap cup attached to the nozzle.. and then mixes shampoo with water (similar to the larger popular version made from the garden sprayers.) Since I only do 4-5 dogs per day in my shop.. this set-up has worked out great for me. Easy to add just the amount of shampoo I want for one or two dogs, and then easily can change to oatmeal or other unscented/scented for each individual dog.

Comment

PRIMA for me!

Absolutely the best purchase I have made! I love my PRIMA Bathing System so easy to use, saves on shampoo and water. The nozzle is what gives it the best shampoo experience for a dog...you can adjust the pressure with ease. I swear I have never seen dog's skin get so clean and dogs love the spray, feels like a massage. The biggest plus is the fact that it does not recirculate dirty old water and you can add your conditioner as a second line. By far the best bathing system on the market for me! Why not check out their website! You will save time and money.
                    Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Poodlestar View Post
                      I find I use more shampoo with my bathing system then when I hand washed... still makes it easier as I don't have to mix shampoo and all that... but I'm not sure how to save shampoo with a recirculator. Water yes... shampoo no.
                      i save TONS of shampoo. It takes an ounce, 1/16 of a cup, to your water to get a dog bathed. Sometimes you have to redo. I put a pump on top of my gallons and put in one squirt. That equals about 128 washes per gallon.

I LOVE my recirc but my tub will not let me use it.
                      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PlantLover View Post
                        The biggest plus is the fact that it does not recirculate dirty old water and you can add your conditioner as a second line.
                        this is not a blast at anyone in particular, but WHY Is dirty water a bad thing? If you know how shampoo works you realize the molecules of dirt are trapped in the water and not being redeposited on the coat. I always wonder about people sh o see this as a negative. What I wonder is : do you or your kids take baths? So you use a washing machine? A Dishwasher???? they all are the same as a recirculator. they get clothes, people and dishes clean because of how the surfactants in the shampoos work.

Sigh.......I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall on this subject.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                          i save TONS of shampoo. It takes an ounce, 1/16 of a cup, to your water to get a dog bathed. Sometimes you have to redo. I put a pump on top of my gallons and put in one squirt. That equals about 128 washes per gallon.

I LOVE my recirc but my tub will not let me use it.
                          I love my recirc as well but there are 8 ounces in a cup 16 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                            I love my recirc as well but there are 8 ounces in a cup 16 :-)
                            Realized that after posting. I meant to write "1/2 ounce to an ounce and that is 1/16 to 1/8 of a cup.
                            I had a client come in mid post

Comment

Dirty water is dirty

Hello! I do not like to wash anything in dirty water. I take showers-not baths(an adult who takes a bath should realize that you are soaking in dirty water-which is fine if you are just relaxing). Why do you think swimming pools use chlorine? I wash my dishes one at a time-not a dish washer. I have no choice but to use a clothes washing machine-but I always use hot water, strong soaps with very few clothes per load. I suppose it is a personal choice to use a recirculating bathing system. To each his own Particentral. I still stand by my PRIMA. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X