Clear All

• Quietest HV.

What is it?

?

I give up.

Comment

An oxymoron?

Comment

All I can say is that I can't wait till I own my own salon so I can put them in a closet. All the dryers are so loud in my little salon now that I wear ear plugs all day to save my hearing!

Comment

Romani Granddaddy is very quiet and very powerful. It also costs $1000. I want one!

Comment

Remember that a large portion of the noise is actually the air coming out of the nozzle. You can closet away the dryer, but ideally you should still wear ear plugs when HVing dogs. As someone that has permanent tinitis, I really wish I comprehended what lack of ear plugs would do to my ears.

Comment

You should be wearing ear protection no matter which dryer you are using. If you want a quiet dryer you may end up with one that is far less effective.

sittingpretty

Comment

I vote for the Romami Jr with variable speed...love it and it's the quietest one I ever found!!

Comment

how much was the Jr Plexi? I KNOW management isn't going to go for 1k. hehe

Comment

If you put on ear protection yourself and hoodie the dog, every dryer is quiet.

Comment

yes but that doesnt help me listen to my talk radio when my assistant is blow drying a dog

Comment

100 decibles

Most HV dryers run at over 100 decibles when the cone nozzle is in place. Anything over 90 OSHA mandates that an employer provide hearing protection. Now it doesn't state that everyone has to wear them they just have to be provided. IMO my hearing is far more important than listening to talk radio or anything else for that matter. I wear earplugs all day and am seriously considering about switching to ear muffs.

There is a great article I forget which blog (Bbird I think) about the damage and problems that HV dryers create.

Prolonged exposure to high decible noise creates a stress response in both human and animal so the more we can minimize it the better off we will all be.

Comment

Oh, well to hear the radio, you just need a separate drying room.

Comment

Working...
                          X