My favorite new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite new toy

When I went to Intergroom I had a list of stuff I was going to buy. I wasn't really planning on this item though. I am mobile and don't have room for a stand dryer in my rig and I'd been using a regular hand held dryer to fluff. So I had looked at the Yellow Dog dryer by Conair in petedge and had thought about buying it, but wanted to see it in person. Of course, I ended up buying it and have used it quite a bit in the last few days.
    I really like my new toy. It comes with a little stand so you can sit it inside and position it in different ways. It frees up my hands when I'm fluffing which is great. I have a couter next to my table, so when I need to use it on a higher part of the dog I will set it up on the counter and lower my table since the dryer in the stand blows out to upwards. I also love that is doesn't get terribly hot and has temp and speed control options. It doesn't take up much room in the mobile either, which is great, and I fluffed some beautiful Bichons yesterday! The salesperson told me it has an A/C motor so it should last a lot longer than a regular hair dryer, about 1000 hours. It cost me $35 at the show, but I am very happy I spent it. I do hold it when I'm fluffing the back because it's just easier that way, but I think it is now actually, my favorite purchase from the show.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I'll have to check it out

the hardest part of my housecall grooming is "stretch" drying. I have a hand held and like most dog show people try to hold it with my neck or in my arms, or on a towel for lower legs. But I've begged for something easier.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrooh View Post
      the hardest part of my housecall grooming is "stretch" drying. I have a hand held and like most dog show people try to hold it with my neck or in my arms, or on a towel for lower legs. But I've begged for something easier.
      LOL I have to laugh because my friend and old co-worker, who is also a show person, would put the dryer in his pants.
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Wish I had seen you at Intergroom, would have loved to have met you in person.

Comment

Working...
        X