Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hemostats, needle nose pliers and a box cutter.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemostats, needle nose pliers and a box cutter.....

What else can I use to get all this ****** hair our from around the castors of the rolling chairs??? We have 4 rolling chairs in the grooming/drying area and none of the castors will roll because of all the hair packed into them! I pick and pick at them but it takes like an hour to do one chair well..... Any suggestions?? How about soaking them in drain-o, thought about it but was scared to try.....

I have used Nair with mixed results....have to really put it in heavily and let it sit but it does work. It is also a bit less time consuming. After it sits we just pulled it apart using our needle nosed pliers and hemostats. We take the wheels off to clean them. Mine just pop off. You CAN get replacement wheels but you need to know how big the post is.....
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I find a credit card works well. Or even a business check.

I had a very well meaning friend cut all the hairies from the wheels on my 5 yr. old chair one weekend last October.
      I was downstairs grooming her big, furry, dog, while she "operated".
      Problem was..... she neglected to tell me.
      The first time I "pushed" my chair back on my first groom, that Monday morning...I was (what's the opposite of propelled?) "conpelled"(?) at warp speed into my precariously stacked stainless/cage bank, and ended up w/ 1/2 the Halloween "display" on my head and in my lap.
      I think I may have even suffered a minor whiplash as a result of the collision. Took me 20 minutes to get all the straw out of my hair.

For the safety of all the players...I hope (if you do manage to dematt the wheels) that you inform everyone of the change in our primary mode of inner-shop transportation.
      Last edited by 4Sibes; 04-23-10, 10:52 PM. Reason: Didn't need "did"
      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Bernie I've said it before and I will say it again. You REALLY need to have a bunch of live webcam's in and around your house. I could get rid of my satellite and just watch The Bernie Show on the computer (Not to be confused w/the Bernie Mac show).

I have no suggestions for getting the hair out of you chair. Except for cars and my bike, I tend to try to avoid things w/wheels.
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

A legitimate excuse to play with fire!

Propane blow torch. Seriously. Do it outside you don't reek up your shop with the stench of burning dog hair. And if you're working around plastic, be careful to keep the torch moving so you don't melt the casters.
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
            Propane blow torch.
            Oh yeah. Now THAT sounds like a good idea for someone with my track record of safety in life.
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I use a lighter. It's probably not any safer than giving Bernie a blow torch.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I guess the people that came up with the idea of WHEELS in the grooming shop WEREN'T groomers!

I have a wooden stool and a rotating table and can scoot/slide my stool a little, as needed, or turn my table to adjust my angle. I HAD a stool with wheels and it got cankered with hair in just a few days! Tried pulling the hair out and on of the wheels broke, ugh!

Comment

I DO have an observation. The only chair, when I got to thinking about it, that I worry about keeping hiar out of is my desk chair. The grooming stool I use when I need to sit, is onwheels, but I leave the hair in the wheels to KEEP IT from sliding. Otherwise, Bernies antics are what happen in shop everyday! it has a swivel seat, so I put it where I want it and then turn the seat to get on and off. When I am not using it I simply push it out of the way.......
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Warning labels apply !!!

Comment

Hair in wheels is something you have to keep up with daily, I remember that well with the old Oster stand dryers. How many times have groomers smashed their stand dryers jerking on them with stuffed wheels and they tip over and crash!

Comment

Working...
                      X