This mop is a total piece of junk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This mop is a total piece of junk!

What is everyone's favorite mop? One that is good for cleaning up a pee spot, or even the whole shop floor. Ours kind of sucks and just keep collecting hair. You clean the thing and as soon as you go to put it on the floor you're smearing hair everywhere again! Who has time to vacuum, mop, vacuum, mop, vacuum, mop over and over until the hair is gone?? What do you all use?

I use an industrial string mop and bucket (with the squeezy thing on it). I've tried a bunch of mops and nothing really beats this

Comment

I like Swiffer mops... just throw the old pad away and put a new one on each time. Or I also use one of those rubber broom-like thingys that quickly pulls the hair up in a pile. Then Swiffer. I am mobile tho so I don't have much floor to do.
      A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Originally posted by neanea View Post
        I use an industrial string mop and bucket (with the squeezy thing on it). I've tried a bunch of mops and nothing really beats this
        But doesn't it get full of hair? Or are we the only shop left in the world that doesn't use a clipper vac?

Comment

Swiffer mop with a washcloth. I bought a package of cheap wash cloths and dedicate them to cleaning. Instead of a bucket I use a spray bottle. The floor is clean & not slippery & no storage. Stupidest idea EVER to use a mop on pee. After you do that you are only rubbing the pee around everywhere else.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I too

use the industrial string mop and the squeezy thingy. You need to vaccuum really well first! Mop's, pee, and hair are all part of this fun game we play! Oh yeah...poop, bites, scratches, ignorant people, did I forget anything?

Comment

I use a Rubbermaid. It's for home use but holds up. The handle twists to wring it out. I wanted a commercial mop and bucket but they are kind of expensive. They also make a nice broom.

Comment

I don't use a clippervac, but I sweep after every dog, mop in the am and pm and when ever there's a puddle, and have a shop vac which gets done twice a day also. While I do mop hair occasionally, I've come to realize, it's just part of the job (as epilady said)and after the hair is dry, it sweeps or vac's right up, so I don't stress about it

Comment

Originally posted by epilady View Post
                  use the industrial string mop and the squeezy thingy. You need to vaccuum really well first! Mop's, pee, and hair are all part of this fun game we play! Oh yeah...poop, bites, scratches, ignorant people, did I forget anything?
                  Lazy, drama filled employees......

Actually I have not found that the string mops move aound hair that much. I agree however that I never mop up pee. I use a wet towel of even a clean one, then mop over it. I have one of those we use and a steamer. I love my steamer! In fact I have both at home as well as work.
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                    Swiffer mop with a washcloth. I bought a package of cheap wash cloths and dedicate them to cleaning. Instead of a bucket I use a spray bottle. The floor is clean & not slippery & no storage. Stupidest idea EVER to use a mop on pee. After you do that you are only rubbing the pee around everywhere else.
                    Do you use the swiffer/washcloth on piddles then, or do you use a paper towel, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by ashk36 View Post
                      Do you use the swiffer/washcloth on piddles then, or do you use a paper towel, or what?
                      Paper towel then spray with cleaner then wipe with another paper towel or washcloth that goes straight into the hamper. I use swiffer/spray cleaner for dirt, not pee. I do not buy those swiffer pads. I use cheap wash cloths instead.
                      Last edited by Smart-n-Pretty; 04-12-10, 08:52 PM.
                      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                      X