Cleaning Issue with Tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Issue with Tables

I am wondering if anyone has a miracle treatment for getting Styptic Powder off my tables. We don't have to use it often but when we do the yellow granules seem to stain the grooming table and grooming mats I have. I have tried bleach, 409, bristle brushes and I can't seem to scrub it off! I would appreciate any help with this!

I've found that Tilex can get rid of just about any stain. I've used it to get hair dye off my salon's floors and walls. And I'm talking about dye that's sat there for a day or so before I noticed the spot.

Comment

Try lemon or lime juice. When I first received my Edemco table it had yellow staining on it so I called them and they said maybe the table had been used and returned and that lemon or lime juice usually takes of styptic stains. Good luck!

Comment

Either Bar Keeper's Friend or Iron Out will do the trick. Just be sure you're using it in a well ventilated area, cause it stinks.

In future, use a different technique when applying the stuff. Moisten a cotton swab. Dip the swab into a bit of the powder, then press against the nail. No mess, no fuss, no stains to clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
          Either Bar Keeper's Friend or Iron Out will do the trick. Just be sure you're using it in a well ventilated area, cause it stinks.

In future, use a different technique when applying the stuff. Moisten a cotton swab. Dip the swab into a bit of the powder, then press against the nail. No mess, no fuss, no stains to clean up.

Never heard of either of these products. Are they available in most stores?

I didn't have much luck w/stiptic and cotton swabs. For myself, I find using a plastic bottle cap from a soda works really well. Helly, I think you are the one who suggested this "technique" to me a few years ago. If you did then a belated "Thank You" is in order.......lol
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

Bar keepers friend is not at every store but it is at enough of the big ones that it should be available in your area. Check their website to see where it's at near you.

It is oxalic acid based instead of bleach or ammonia based. I generally use the powder form and a wet rag but for really bad stain spots I make a paste and let it sit for a minute then wipe/scrub it up off the surface. Works like magic

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
              Never heard of either of these products. Are they available in most stores?
              I don't know. I haven't had the opportunity to visit most stores. But it should be found in the bigger chain stores, usually where you'd find scouring powder for the kitchen.

Iron Out is a laundry additive, and that's where you'd find it. In the laundry aisle. Probably were they have things like bluing and stain removers. Even though it's a laundry additive, you could still apply it to stains on your table.

Comment

FOLEX

Originally posted by Dog Mom View Post
                I am wondering if anyone has a miracle treatment for getting Styptic Powder off my tables. We don't have to use it often but when we do the yellow granules seem to stain the grooming table and grooming mats I have. I have tried bleach, 409, bristle brushes and I can't seem to scrub it off! I would appreciate any help with this!
                Try Folex, they sell in some groceries stores, Lowe's etc. 32 oz white bottle with min. writing (all one color)
                AWESOME PRODUCT. Not sure if it will get the stain totally out, but safe for the pets.

Comment

Working...
                X