Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! I am confused on best shampoo machine to buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! I am confused on best shampoo machine to buy!

I do between 5 to 10 dogs a week! Yes a week. I am growing in small town with two other groomers. I have two tubs - need something for both. Have groomer coming in summer who wants to do big dogs and cats.

I want to buy machine now. I currently mix in bottles. Everything in my shop is new and good quality.

Question: I have used prima at my dog school. I Liked it - did nice job quickly but it needs cleaning every night and some people say can have problems with vinegar solution decaying fittings. Also its $1200!!!! I have someone ready to buy it so I could get it.

Don't like idea of something that recirculates water.

Heard of HydroSurge that goes into gallons but never used. Its $999! and you have these tubes everywhere apparently.

Prima users? HydroSurge users? What do you think?

I like our Bathmaster by Senproco. $600. Also, there's the Cosmos bathing system, saw it at Atlanta and I don't know what the deposit was, but I want to say it was like $17/month? But you can only use one shampoo at a time.
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Sorry, I am not answering you question but why you don't like the idea of recirculating water? It is not like you reusing water between dogs.

Comment

I think I said this before on one of your threads...but didn't clarify.
        I have a HydroSurge...but NOT the shampoo dispensing "system", simply the recirc pump that goes in the tub, and that's what I use for my prebath/wetdown.
        As soon as that's done, I quickly rinse the dog and set about hand bathing with my shampoo of choice, and then rinse as normal.

It still saves me TONS of time and water...doing it this way...as even the biggest and hairiest of dogs (Newfies, Pyrs, Std. Poos, Giant Golden Retrievers, etc.) are rinsed thru w/ shampoo and soaked to the skin...in under 5 minutes, most...well under 3 minutes.
        They come out squeaky clean, and this method works really well for me. (I get a LOT of big hairies too!)
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

the recirculating system is the best for big hairies! I prefer the bathing beauty over the hydrosurge though. The hose is more flexible and easier on your wrist, also a little bit cheaper for basically the same machine. the hydrosurge that goes into the gallons is ok, I prefer hand washing with a mixing bottle instead though. I don't care to get my hands on the dog so much, just seems like that system wastes a lot of shampoo. Ii use a rubber curry when i bathe.

Overall I like the bathing beauty the most.

Comment

Originally posted by nuk View Post
            the recirculating system is the best for big hairies! I prefer the bathing beauty over the hydrosurge though. The hose is more flexible and easier on your wrist, also a little bit cheaper for basically the same machine.

Overall I like the bathing beauty the most.
            The Hyrosurge hose IS WAY stiff, yes! (Prolly my only complaint)
            I "shampoo" myself in the face at least once a day...but it does save having to wash my mouth out with soap every evening. It's all about saving time in my life.
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Check out the system by Davis Manufacturing if you are looking for something simple that doesnt have a crazy pricetag. It does not recirculate and needs no power supply or wiring.

Comment

I have used all 3. Hands down the bathing beauty is the best choice for me. It's portable. easy to repair (if need be) & cost about 1/3 the price of a Hydrosurge & 1/4 the price of A Prima.

My opinion is if you are turned off by a recirculating system you don't really understand what makes it valuable. It saves water, saves product (by 80% or more) & is more environmentally responsible. You are in good company, though. Some of the brightest minds on this board swear to PETE recirculating bathers are nasty.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I use the Hydrosurge with the tubes that go into the gallon bottles have have no problems with 'tubs going everywhere'. I just have four tubes that hang straight down to the gallons of shampoo set on a small shelf. It's also not a recirc. system and pulls fresh water directly from the tap. I lovelovelove it! I find it a great way to get the shampoo all the way down to the skin on those really hairy, dirty dogs. It's all about personal preference, I think.

Comment

Bathing Beauty

for me. I looked at a Prima, had one in my shop for a week...never took it out of the box. Where in Oregon are you?

Comment

I'm biased because I haven't used any others, learned hand washing & then researched bathing systems to no end! I went with the recirculating type.. I bought a knock off(Luxury Spa because of price) and it has served me well! I'd never be without, plus if it breaks down and you need to replace the pump they're never more than 100 bucks usually and you just have to run to the hardware store for a replacement instead of ordering something and waiting for it to be shipped. I used it for two years and never had a problem, then it started to trip the GFCI so I had a friend look at it and he suggested to get a new pump, he installed it & switched everything over and had it running same as usual 15 minutes later.

Don't knock the recirc until you try it! =) Good luck on your growing business!

Comment

Working...
                      X