BRT HV Dryer & Stand Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRT HV Dryer & Stand Suggestions

I'd like to show/breed my BRT from Russia, but need to find a hv dryer that can shed water quickly, straighten the coat, to get a good show clip. A master BRT groomer used, I believe, a K-9 dryer, but also recommends the Metro Vac Air Force Blaster Dryer. My experience when watching the drying session with the k-9, it scared the BRT super bad because of the noise level and velocity. Is there a quieter variable speed work horse dryer that could do the same job? Don't mind spending a little extra money as long as the unit will last for many years. Also, in need of a table for my 14 yr old Newfie and BRT's are about the same height (27-31" at the wither) as my old Newfies, slightly lighter framed, and not as placid. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!!

PS-Sorry if this turns out to be a double post. I'm a newbie here and just tried to start a new thread a few minutes ago, but could't find it.

I have the blaster by metro.. I personally don't like this as much as my double K xtreme b/c it doesn't seem to heat up after awhile, this tiny bit of heat that I get is a major necessity. Saves tons of time. From what I've heard about the K9 dryers is that they're great.. I don't think I'd want to be grooming any newfs or BRT without one like that. Happy Hoodies are great for muffling the sound to make dogs accept the drying easier.. you may want to look into a dryer that has variable speed as well. The double K xtreme is nice but mine is just about two years old and I have to send it three provinces away to get fixed. You might want to check out where you're going to be able to get your dryer serviced before purchasing as well.

Comment

I have a K9 II will say I loved it . It worked great for many years. Now I have a Kool Dry from CC WOW my fav now . I use it on the bouv crew and all the dogs in the shop. It is fantastic with the three different nozzles , variable air force and sooooooooooo light weight. I now take it to shows to do last minute work .

I would not take the K9 to shows , it works great but is noisy. Get a Kool Dry you will love it.

Trish

Comment

I second the Happy Hoodie if you are worried about your dog being a-skeert of the high velocity dryer. Very inexpensive and worth it's weight in gold (tho I'd rather have the gold) for most that use it.

I have a MasterBlaster, and I groom a number of Newfies, and until last year, 3 really big, hairy Bouviers, and none of the dogs ever had a problem w/ it. It does have 2 switches...1 for 4 HP, and flip the second one to ramp up to 8 HP.
        I use it on my own 40-50lb. Sibes all the time.

I think you posted about a stand dryer earlier too, and I have an Edemco 3002, which suits all my needs for the finishing touches on the big guys. I feel their Customer Service leaves a bit to be desired, but luckily, the longevity of their products almost compensates for that.

As far as a table, maybe consider looking at the hydraulics for your needs. I would.
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I like the idea of being able to hand carry a light unit like the CC Kool Dryer to shows, but I just got off the phone with the manufacturer and they said it has 1/2 of FPM (they don't have the CFM ratings) of the competitor brands I've been looking at (Davis, Double K 850 or Airmax, Romani GDaddy, Master Blaster, K-9 II/III, Sullivan). Thinking it should be able to dry the BRT coat if it can dry the Bouvier, but do you think if it'll be able to straighten it? Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by selhost View Post
            I like the idea of being able to hand carry a light unit like the CC Kool Dryer to shows, but I just got off the phone with the manufacturer and they said it has 1/2 of FPM (they don't have the CFM ratings) of the competitor brands I've been looking at (Davis, Double K 850 or Airmax, Romani GDaddy, Master Blaster, K-9 II/III, Sullivan). Thinking it should be able to dry the BRT coat if it can dry the Bouvier, but do you think if it'll be able to straighten it? Thanks for your help!
            the CC Kool Dry is great for straighting also, I also do several standard poos in big hair....the bouvs are in full coats and will say some of them bouvs dont have correct coats, yet with this dryer it works great. If you have a chance to attend a show that CC is at you can get a demo of the effect it has on all kinds of coats.

I LOVE mine and amazed for as small as it is it does a fantastic job . A biggy in the salon is my electric bill went way down when I dont use the K9 as much....gotta love that

Trish

Comment

does the kool dry blow warm air at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by nicshred View Post
                Now I have a Kool Dry from CC WOW my fav now . I use it on the bouv crew and all the dogs in the shop. It is fantastic with the three different nozzles , variable air force and sooooooooooo light weight. I now take it to shows to do last minute work .
                I just bought one about a month ago. I LOVE it! It is so much quieter than the other dryers my work has. On the highest speed it puts out so much force. With the flat nozzle I can see a mist being blown of the coat. One of my co-workers wants to get ride of the other HV because it is so noisy and replace it with the Kool Dry.
                "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Working...
                X