Bathing Beauty vs. Luxury Spa System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathing Beauty vs. Luxury Spa System

Ive decided against the Cosmos and Hydrosurge system. My water pressure in the shop is really crummy and I want something more aggressive than the cosmos. Ive decided on a recirculating system and have heard good things about both the bathing beauty and the luxury spa system. For those of you that have used both, have you noticed any difference at all between the two?

Thanks!

Good question

I am wondering the same thing. Searching the web for info, and found most of it is on here! See BBird's site (bbird.biz) on the right where all the other ad boxes are. She has the bathing beauty on her site, and she does a demo on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NfbYiMhmbA
    Can't wait to hear what folks have to say. I have seen info on each system, but no info on what the differences are between the two.

Comment

Haven't used both, but have used the Luxury Spa. Used for about 2 years and had to replace the pump, all other parts still working fine. Really awesome bather, lots of pressure to get the dogs squeaky clean.

Comment

I have a BB and I love it. Using it four years straight, never had a problem. Use it on every dog.
        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I have used both systems. I believe the BB has more pressure than the Luxury Spa. There are more holes in the sprayer of the BB. And with the Bathing beauty you have a company you can go back to for questions etc. With the Luxury Spa, no such luck. I also know that if you are dissatisfied with the Luxury Spa, you have to pay a hefty return fee--something like 20% of the purchase price. The Hanvey people give you a 30 day trial I believe.

Comment

To the benefit of Luxury Spa, I had a problem recently with my pump shorting out, and yes, I felt actual electriclity in the water as I bathed. They got back to me ASAP, but of course the pump was not under warranty anymore, I had bought it new in 2007. So, to the hardware store I went, purchased a pump off the shelf (Little Giant) switched the hardware from the old Luxurt Spa (hose and adjustable spray control) to the new bare pump, and now have myself a totally working system. Plenty of pressure, actually the same great pressure the Original Luxury Spa had, as it is the same identical pump. So, my impression was Luxury Spa seemed to me to be helpful, but in the end, had to have an electrician on my end get to the bottom of what was going wrong.

Comment

I just made my own and saved A LOT of $$$

Never used the commercial versions, but mine works plenty fine for me

Comment

I thought -

OK, I may be out of the loop on this one but I thought that Cosmos made the shampoo delivery system, not the "power bather" recirculating thingy.

I have the Hanvey Bathing Beauty - love it. But the recirculating systems are what will boost your water pressure, and you can even use them for rinsing with a little ingenuity. A shampoo delivery system is not going to help with your water pressure, and you can't use them to boost your rinsing pressure, either. At least, as far as I know.

If you are talking about a shampoo delivery system, I have used one, didn't really like it. So make sure everyone is talking about the same thing, because many posts have had people talking about 2 different systems without realizing it at first.

Comment

Originally posted by neanea View Post
                  I just made my own and saved A LOT of $$$

Never used the commercial versions, but mine works plenty fine for me
                  Ditto. All it is is a sump pump. I paid $60 for the exact same thing that they sell for hundreds more. I've used a bathing beauty, and I think my sump pump works better, and I've never had a single issue with it. Even if I did, paying $60 to replace it isn't really a big deal to me.

Comment

Peeps

says that the shampoo systems wouldn't work since not much pressure, so that is why questions about recircs.

I have and love the Hanvey bathing beauty. I love the screen that catches hair, the air turn on and the safety plug. I think about the electricity in the water like someone said and shudder. If anything went wrong, I know I have Hanvey to help out. I like if anything did go wrong I have a commercial made for pet bathing product. I knock mine around with Housecall and it keeps on ticking.
                    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

HAA I just made my own!! Home Depot, the pump cost me $86 the parts cost me $8 for the hose (I used a hose reel replacement) 6 foot, and $8 watering wand ( and removed the head and used it at the end of the hose) WORKED AMAZING!!!! Plenty of power and put it together in 1m or less. I do want add a on/off switch so the cost will go up a little but still well under $150
                      compared to $500

I was so excited I washed all 4 of my dogs!!! 3 Fox terriers and one Great Dane!!! I NEVER ran out of Hot water, the dogs enjoyed it, dogs smelled super clean and my Spine was still up right and pain free!!!!!!

Now I just need to name it???? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bonita69 View Post
                        HAA I just made my own!! Home Depot, the pump cost me $86 the parts cost me $8 for the hose (I used a hose reel replacement) 6 foot, and $8 watering wand ( and removed the head and used it at the end of the hose) WORKED AMAZING!!!! Plenty of power and put it together in 1m or less. I do want add a on/off switch so the cost will go up a little but still well under $150
                        compared to $500
                        Hi Bonita69...what type of pump did you buy? Also, what is a watering wand? Thanks!

Comment

You can purchase the same pump that is on the Bathing Beauty at Grainger.com

Here is the link to the pump:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2P352?Pid=search

Comment

Working...
                          X