Tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubs

Can anyone recommend a good tub at a good price? I opened a year ago & purchased a stainless steel Master's Grooming tub from PetEdge & it's already rusting, leaking, etc. I've caulked it with silicone but it's still leaking...I have pans underneath & need to empty them a few times a day! I was looking at the Edemco tubs, they're a little expensive though. I really can't afford to get anything too expensive right now, I'm looking for a tub that's strong enough to hold big dogs because we've been getting a lot of them. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thats too bad. I went for it and invested in the Forever Stainless walkin tub and besides great customer service I LOVE my tub. It has saved my back and was worth every penny! The sad thing is no tubs are cheap and the companies know we want them yet face it don't ake them as well as they could. I waas lucky with Forever if anyoen call sthem ask if they have irregulars or oops tubs I got discounts on my tubs because they weren't perfect and yet there isn't anything wrong with them!

Comment

Buy a regular ol' bath tub and put it up on blocks or 2X4s. You can get a second hand one for next to nothing.

You can get collapsible stairs for less than $100; most big dogs will walk up to get into the tub.

No seams = no leaks.

We have that sort and we can get Mastiffs, Anatolians and other El Monstro sorts into them quite nicely.

Comment

well here's a couple things to think about....we bought a powder coated edemco tub 5 months ago, and it has a rust spot 6 inches wide by 10 inches long. Although edemco is covering it under warranty and is going to replace it (iam waiting for the replacement now).....another option for you clean the tub very well clean all the silicone off, and purchase a bedliner kit from your local automotive store....the bedliner kits are about $100 dollars for a gallon that should be able to do 3 or more coats. i would atleast do two coats, it would give the tub a nice seal and make the bottom of the tub not slippery.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledogdare View Post
          Buy a regular ol' bath tub and put it up on blocks or 2X4s. You can get a second hand one for next to nothing.

You can get collapsible stairs for less than $100; most big dogs will walk up to get into the tub.

No seams = no leaks.

We have that sort and we can get Mastiffs, Anatolians and other El Monstro sorts into them quite nicely.

This is the type of tub I use in my mobile and I just put an Anatolian in it last week and haven't ever had a problem with it and have been using it for 3 years. Would be a great tub for a reasonable price.
          ~*~Robin~*~
          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

find someone to weld it.

Comment

No seams = no leaks.

I use one too, held up great, no chips or anything.
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

done both

I started at one shop with regular tub for just $150 but it was hard on the back. Then I went to the tubs that were about $350. I got two of them and mine started rusting in just 6 months and leaked. I just can not affort top of the line and really think they are just to high in price. I did think of getting a tub from a RV. Look around , it may be a good deal for the med to sm dogs and get a regular tub for the big guys.

Comment

[QUOTE=Doubledogdare;385992]

I was wondering if that would work. The tub area I have at home is in a small space so a ramp is out of the question.

I got a resin (plastic) double sink utility tub and my husband cut the center wall out. Works great I put it in the existing tub on 3 shower rod poles and one bracket on the back with screws to keep it stable. Easily comes out to bathe the big boys. Paid about $100.00 bucks for it at Lowes.

No seams = no leaks.

Comment

Go into your local chain store and ask what regular tubs they have on their scratch and dent. I got mine for $10 because there was a small dent on the side. The dogs didn't care and my husband built me a support to my height and for the big dogs I have a walk in shower stall right next to the tub. Worked for a girl on a tight budget.
                    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

No seams = no leaks.

We have two like this in our shop. They're just fine, we're not about to spend that much on a grooming tub when we can do it ourselves. My back doesn't bother me that much usually. We built a little platform out of plastic crates with a bath mat, it fits perfectly in the center of the tub and puts the dogs at the perfect height, and they're never standing in water. Yeah, it's not that pretty looking, but nobody sees it besides me anyways. I wouldn't MIND a real grooming tub, but we just don't have that kinda money to use on that, especially since we're in the process of moving to a new shop.

Comment

You might trying going down to lowes and getting epoxy seal like you use on garage floors. Put two or three coats on it. It should seal it, but you will have to remove all the rust first.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated! I'd love to get a regular bath tub, but don't have the room for one. The space where the tub goes isn't big enough, I can only fit a 48" tub comfortably because of the water connection/wall.

I think I'll probably go with an Edemco tub, I heard they're at a good price right now...

Comment

Working...
                          X