Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big of a dog could I fit in this tub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big of a dog could I fit in this tub?

I'll soon be opening my home salon (knock on wood) and have been strongly considering this tub: http://wgroom.com/catalog/product_in...oducts_id=1472 due to space constrictions. Also I am not going to be grooming golden sized and up dogs anymore, because the average owner doesn't take the time handle their dogs properly, and wrestling with dogs that size wreak havoc on my back (I am petite).

However, I have border collies, and would like to be able to bathe them in my tub. Do you think a 50ish lb dog would fit into it?

A Springer would just fit but it would be tight. This tub is good for dogs 20# and under. We have had this tub for about a year and we love it for small dogs. Very sturdy and the height is great!

Comment

I know it says the tub is for up to mid size dogs and borders are considered mid size but it seems a bit small to me. I had a 53 lb border and I think it would have been too short for her. Good luck in your decision.

Comment

Measure your biggest dog from the tip of it's nose to the base of it's tail and compare it to the length of the tub. You might want to include the faucet in your figuration...as a BC would have a face that high up and could bang themselves on the nose/cheeks/eyes shaking off water.
        Looks like, unless you teach them not to shake until told...your gonna get wet! Cute tub for little dogs tho!
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

http://www.petedge.com/product/Edemc...-Tub/44104.uts
          What about this tub? It seems to be about the same size, but says it fits most breeds... Maybe I'm looking at the dimensions wrong...

Comment

30 inches in length is how long that second tub is. IMO it is going to be tight even for a larger cocker. I had a 24 inch mini tub once.....it got used for dishes. You can get a 36 inch long shower stall at Lowes. go look at that even if you dont buy it, to see how big(small) 36 inches is. THEN decide if you can bathe a BC in it. I do primarily small dogs, with very few larger ones, but I even went with a 48 inch shower stall base....I hate feeling claustrophobic and would rather have more room than I need than not enough. You need to have enough room for the dog to ot only stand but to be turned. Those tubs are DEEP as well and you will end up bending over a lot which hurts your back.

If you havent seen my tub set up, go to egroomer and look at my page there. I can help you build one like it if you want, even if you choose to go with the 36 inch size tub base. MUCH easier and chaeper and works better than any tub I have ever used except the hydraulic one I used a long time ago!
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Have you not considered

A human bath tub? Or an RV type tub like Wagon Tails have? A human one would have to be built up high of course. The first pic looks too small.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to just go with a larger tub, to be safe.

Now... which would be the better of these 2? I'm on a really tight budget, so I can't afford anything really nice right now, but would like to get the best I can.

http://www.petedge.com/product/Groom.../266/52308.uts

http://www.petedge.com/product/Groom.../266/43137.uts

The first one has a 3 year warranty against rust, whereas the second one only has a one year... but I don't know which one will last better in the long run.

Autumn

Comment

I have used the Master brand tub. Dogs always went up against the back of the tub and I wound up leaning in on the edge of the tub. Within 2 months it had already split. I am not a big girl. Matter of fact some describe me as slender.
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                  People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by flamincomet View Post
                    Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to just go with a larger tub, to be safe.

Now... which would be the better of these 2? I'm on a really tight budget, so I can't afford anything really nice right now, but would like to get the best I can.

http://www.petedge.com/product/Groom.../266/52308.uts

http://www.petedge.com/product/Groom.../266/43137.uts

The first one has a 3 year warranty against rust, whereas the second one only has a one year... but I don't know which one will last better in the long run.

Autumn
                    I have never seen one of those in person, but you need to know, my setup cost me less than $400 and NO shipping costs.......for a 48"x36" tub and full surround on a cabinet base....Its fiberglass so it will never rust. Had it for 3.5 years, still looks brand spankin new.
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

i have a "humane" bath tub that i apid less than $200.00 for. i never have to wory about it rusting as it is fiberglass. also i really like the "edge" of a human tub as i like to lean on it sometimes i think any type of "metal" tub needs to be a good strong stainless steel, you get what you pay for. also with the human tub mine is whit and it really helps me to see any fleas,dirt,skin issues ect... when i rinse the pet. my tub was very easy to install and it has lasted me well over 10 years.

Comment

also forgot to add that i too have a home based shop with my human tub, i have washed many a BIG dog in it too. if you look closely at those tubs i think most of them have "seams" and are NOT 100% stainless steel and are not very heavy guaged either. i could get you some pix of mine if you would like.

Comment

Iam going to comment on this being we just opened and bought a edemco tub......we didnt buy the one your looking at we bought the more expensive model that has a slide out ramp but it is still powder coated......this tub has been a nightmare it took us three months to get it...then we got it put it in now 4 months later we have a rust spot 6 inches wide by 8 inches long that the paint has peeled off.....edemco warranty covers it but now iam waiting for another tub we looking at just going stainless steel now trying to get edemco to give us some kind of deal on one

Comment

The house we are buying is very small (616 square feet) and only one bedroom, one bathroom. I'm either going to be putting the tub in the laundry room (very tight fit) or the main living room, which is right up against the bathroom wall (not enough room in the bathroom for another tub, though I will be drying in there, to avoid hair covering the house). Either way it can't be very permanent, as we are planning to resell the house once my husband is done with college. Can someone give me some pictures/examples of the homemade tubs being talked about? I'm not very handy at all, and neither is my husband, so if possible explain in layman's terms please, lol. I am very interested, I just want it to look professional, and not be built into the wall or something.

Autumn

Comment

Working...
                            X