New blow dryer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New blow dryer!

I think I would like to buy a new dryer for the new year. Could anyone recommend a good one. Preferably one with a hose thats not real heavy and not just one speed. I would like one that has variable speed. Any ideas?

I use a davis that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. If you do not want to spend that much money, then you can get a Kool Dry. Those are ok as well, I just like more power and more heat. LOL Romain makes a couple of variable speed dryers as well. For variable speed those are the best IMO.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Ditto to what Parti said! Do not spend less if you can afford a bit more. A good dryer is well worth any amount that you can afford to spend. It will get alot of use. Think about it, you wil use it on EVERY dog you use.

happy shopping!
      sittingpretty

Comment

I third what Parti and sittingpretty said. Also would like to add get a watershed nozzle. The flat one gets the "big water" off faster.
        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Ditto Ditto Ditto. Davis all the way! I love the way you can go from a soft breeze to a full blown hurricane LOL
          The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
          ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

I have a Romani Jr with varible speed, VERY VERY dryer, I'd buy one again.

Comment

I was so lucky, someone decided they didn't want their Davis dryer while I was in school and it was given to me. It looked kicked about, I bought a new hose for it and LOVE it! It must be over 10 years old but it works grand. I love the variable speed on it. I use it on all my new dogs just to make sure I don't freak them out with the high velocity. Most get used to it very fast and I wind up moving it up to '10' on their first dry. I love that option! Thier customer service is great too!

Comment

I just got my CC Kool Dry today and I think I will love it. It says its cool but it actually feels slightly warm! I wasnt' expecting that.
                It feels a little big in my hands compared to what I was using before, but I think the hose is a little stiff and just needs some breaking in. It seems VERY sturdy.
                I was amazed how much this baby BLOWS! No problem blowing out the big hairy's! and very quiet motor.
                Working out of my home, I appreciate the low amps and I am impressed with the power. I love the ability to dial up or down for the little guys.
                I don't think I would even want anything louder or more forceful than this.
                Very happy with my purchase

By the way, its PINK and very cute! (always a bonus)

Comment

New dryer for me also........

I also am going to treat myself to a new dryer this year. My elite came with a K9II and one of the motors just burnt up. I would like a variable speed and have heard very nice things about the grand daddy dryer from Romani but I hate to spend $1000 for a dryer......I suppose I don't mind if they are really worth the money. Any Grand Daddy users out there and if so how long have you had them.

Thank you for any comments

Comment

I've had my Kool Dry for almost a year now and LOVE it! Of course, I haven't had the opportunity to use the other ones mentioned, but hey, my Kool Dry does what I need it to do

SNP, I love the "sweeper" nozzle!

Comment

I cannot say what the new Chris Christensen Kool Dry is like... I have several of the originals! YUP ! 2 are well over 20 yrs old (actually I got one back in the early 80's and the metal box IMHO was/is far superior to the newer plastic box... still has the original address/purchase label on it too ROFL)... only new brushes every once in a great while and one that is about 8 yrs old. Being from the Midwest I got to meet the guy who originally 'tweeked' this little babies and made history (as far as Im concerned that is) He is/was a riot! so sweet and funny to boot. As I hear it, same motor as the K9 but way better... whatever he did... fantastic! used to come with white foam over the intake, now its black or gray or something...
                      The only thing was back then... with his dryers, you had to go through an authorized rep to get the things (either fixed or just brushes) no catalog carried them and when I needed brushes about 12-13 yrs ago (I called every catalog I got)... no one would touch them. Seems the 'trade secret' was he literally tweeked the motors (he was a genius) and only those who worked 'with' him could touch them... not to mention, they soooooo seldom had any issues no one wanted to consider offering to work on them (no money in it so I'm told...LOL)

IF however CC DID get to 'own' the secret.. well worth the money. Seriously.. how many dryers do you know of that will last this long?????? As to heat! Dont need it, really! If you are going to use the Kool dry, you can actually blow out a newfie (Ive done it) in about 20-30 minutes. If I kept a stand dryer toward the head and blew out the rest.. dry in no time. HE was quite the revolutionary he was!

Comment

clear up the difference or they all the same

Davis
                        Kool Dry
                        CC

Thank you,
                        Annette

Comment

Kool Dry and CC are the same. CC bought out Kool Dry.

Davis is stronger, also variable speed and puts out warmer air.
                          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                            Kool Dry and CC are the same. CC bought out Kool Dry.

Davis is stronger, also variable speed and puts out warmer air.
                            Kool Dry is also varible speed and does produce a nice warm discharge after it's been running for a few minutes. I find that the temperature of the air is plenty for my purposes.

Comment

I know CC bought out Kool Dry, did he also get the 'secret'? (I'm only using the 'wording' I was told...) time shall tell if he did I guess... if you need work done to them (brushes or otherwise) within the first 2-3 yrs or so, then Id say he probably didn't. We are not a huge salon, we are more a medium size.. we only do about 20-25 dogs a day here. I love Davis stuff! I use their shampoo and love it. I recall back in the beginning for them too... used to be able to request a sample pack from them. I remember getting a huge box.. an 8oz. bottle of every shampoo they made for free! OF course that was many yrs ago. Their dryers are awesome yes, I know of a few groomers who have them and would not trade them for anything.
                              I guess for me, it is the heat thing. On any HV I prefer not to have heat... to be honest though, only my stand dryer's have heat. Over so many years of hearing dogs succumb to heat issues plus Ive worked in so many different shops (as well as my own) and I am not one to tolerate heat myself... so although everyone who works for me (who is under .. oh ... say the age of 30..LOL) looks at me like Im crazy... ( I do have several on my staff who are of my age or close to it though.. so I am vindicated
                              Our tub room gets so hot with just the bathing.. I cant imagine (for me) using anything to add more heat! First thing when I walk in the door at 7:15am is I go to the thermostat and make sure the temp is at 65F. Usually by 8:30-9 I am looking to see if the temp has gone up. Soon as it goes to 67-68 on goes the air! I am a very physically active person (post menopausal too) and I do not like being hot or sweaty, makes me feel sick... I know not everyone is the same way though.

Comment

Working...
                              X