K9 II Dryer Brushers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9 II Dryer Brushers

Hey there fellow groomers. Quick question. How often are yall changing the brushes in the K9 II. We average 1.5 to 2 hours of run time daily, 5 days a week. Thanks a ton!!

I change yearly but some get way more than that. I just set a reminder in my computer and just do it.

Comment

You’re not using it enough to warrant yearly replacement. I have been doing mobile 15 years and changed brushes myself and after 2 years I still had probably another years worth left.

Mobile use is usually lower than shop use. You are running it less than 2 hours day vs some shops they are running it many hours nonstop.

If you are concerned you can pull the top motor brushes very easily and examine them. If they are hallf or less then change all 4.

I always have a backup dryer so if I need to have work done on it, I’m still working. You can place a spare dryer on the van floor and turn it on manually as a temp setup.

Comment

Great info, thanks a ton!!

Comment

I’m bad. They last many years for me. Still waiting for them to blow. Love my k92 and k93 driers. Loud yes. But like my andis excel 5 speeds, even I can’t break them.

Comment

I know some get 3 to 5 years easily. But some places, and I know this for a fact, has "unclean" electrical flow from old wiring to even the local source in rural areas. I lived in such an area once and lots of mini-surges. We had to replace them every year or two.

Comment

Just had to do mine. Almost 3 years use.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeedoodlepoodle View Post
                I know some get 3 to 5 years easily. But some places, and I know this for a fact, has "unclean" electrical flow from old wiring to even the local source in rural areas. I lived in such an area once and lots of mini-surges. We had to replace them every year or two.
                I know what you mean. You can get a tester thing and it shows the purity for lack of a better word of your electricity. Mine is barely average. If you are using lots of high tech equipment like an office you can get a commercial filter. It is true dirty electricity is hard on machinery, especially things with motherboards or so I am told. Even the satellite company service at my house mentioned that.

Comment

Working...
                X