Grooming Area at Home - Top Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Area at Home - Top Tips?

Creating an indoor grooming station for my golden and Persians. What's your vote for the following?

Your favorite dryer

Your favorite hydraulic or electric table

Your best advice to keep hair contained while blowdrying (Is there a special type of device that can suction up the hair up while drying?

Or is there a certain type of flooring/mat/rug that works well? I have a shop vac.)

Any other tips are welcome!

Thank you!

Rugs never do well, they collect hair. Study clipper vacs. Get anti fatigue floor mats for concrete or hard surface floors. Electric tables, easier on hips, you don't want to pump a hydraulic all day. K9 and Double K dryers. Dyson handheld for cats. Hang shower curtains around you for flying hair perhaps.

Comment

Make sure you can legally have a business in your home. Today so many places say you can only have 1 or 2 customers drive into your house in one day. Creating traffic problems for neighbors.

Comment

I read her question as that these are her own pets. Not setting a shop, just an area to groom her own. Am I reading that right OP?

Comment

Originally posted by quaintrelle View Post
          Creating an indoor grooming station for my golden and Persians. What's your vote for the following?

Your favorite dryer

Your favorite hydraulic or electric table

Your best advice to keep hair contained while blowdrying (Is there a special type of device that can suction up the hair up while drying?

Or is there a certain type of flooring/mat/rug that works well? I have a shop vac.)

Any other tips are welcome!

Thank you!
          Are you creating on a covered porch, garage or ??? That could make a difference. Obviously you need water so I think you may mean garage or utility room.

Comment

If you are going to hv dry the dogs just remember you are going to blow water and hair all around. Where can you do this in your house without making a big cleanup. So a covered porch area is probably easiest if you have that. Stay away from the kitchen. For me I wouldn't do it except garage.

Comment

Originally posted by coldnose View Post
              If you are going to hv dry the dogs just remember you are going to blow water and hair all around. Where can you do this in your house without making a big cleanup. So a covered porch area is probably easiest if you have that. Stay away from the kitchen. For me I wouldn't do it except garage.
              That was my thought too. I don't even want to make a mess in my utility room.

Comment

I groom cats in people's homes. I use a Dyson dryer, though any dryer is fine if your cats aren't scared of the noise. The Dyson is very expensive, but it is quiet and effective and lightweight.
                If any of your cats are super scared of all blow dryers, you can buy a table dryer instead. They look like fans, but are made of metal. Sturdy. Cats sleep through being dried with that type of dryer.
                With cats, the most simple helpful item is big towels. Towel drying as much as you can, gently draping the towel over their head if they want to hide, all that can make for a cozier experience.
                Some cats are scared of being down in a sink. They prefer being on a surface instead of below the surface. If you can figure a way that they can be washed on a metal surface with drains in the side, that is ideal.
                Have fun!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X