Refurbishing porcelain tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbishing porcelain tub

We have 3 tubs, 2 stainless and an old porcelain. Has any repaired and refurbished the porcelain surface. Did it withstand well after resurfacing?

Had it done for my own bathroom, and where I bathe home dogs. It’s fragile. You can’t use abrasive cleansers, toenails dig in, and the shower head has nicked it where it’s bounced against the side.
    BUT mine wasn’t done with the type of use it gets. I’d ask your refinisher what they’re using and how many coats they plan on applying.
    I still love the porcelain tubs since so many of my pet clients are effected by sound. The noise of a metal tub Is annoying to me anyhow.

Comment

I have a rental property and we did that to its tub. It has held up OK but required they didn't use harsh cleaner. Now in a grooming salon and that extra use, think of it as a temp solution if you need time to buy and install a new one.

Comment

I don't think the savings is that great refurbishing the surface. If you build the containment of the tub for a standard size tub it's not all that hard for 2 sets of hands to replace with a basic replacement new tub that will last for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkin' View Post
          I don't think the savings is that great refurbishing the surface. If you build the containment of the tub for a standard size tub it's not all that hard for 2 sets of hands to replace with a basic replacement new tub that will last for years.
          Couldn't agree more. I was at Lowes looking at porc tubs and the prices are really good. Go new.

Comment

I put in a new porcelain tub and went with a light gray color, love it. The cost is very reasonable for new especially if you follow sales. But love those electric lift tubs, essential for long term groomers. Worth saving for.

Comment

Working...
            X