• Show
Clear All

• best grooming books for new groomers?

what are the best grooming books for new groomers
    I'm looking at
    notes from the grooming table second edition
    the all breed dog grooming guide by sam kohl
    and All Breed Dog Grooming Revised Edition by TFH Publications

are these good books? or is one better than the others? any other rec?

Not really IMHO. Notes second absolutely. Theory of Five by same author, absolutely. The others were the best of their time and worthy, but these 2 are the next generation, you can get the others probably used so go get them. If you are going mobile someday there are other books for that. That's about it for books except to learn some management stuff get from problems to profit book.

Comment

I've never heard of theory of five. I'll invest in the notes second edition then. thank you so much!

Comment

I had notes from the grooming table too and it helped a lot. But what about Jodi murphy's "Dog grooming simplified" I've always wanted to get my hands on that. Anyone have it and can give opinions? it looked really gooddddd

Comment

Agree Dog Grooming Simplified is AWESOME. I have spent hours looking at the color photos of champion dogs. Get the the other books, but don't forget this one. If you have not seen it, the photos will drop your jaws.

Comment

I have the Jodi murphy and both notes from grooming table books. Really like the sam kohl best. But we all learn differently and some styles work better than others.

Comment

Melissa and Jodi. The pictures in Jodi are awesome, helps me get a more reality view of a final groom. I recommend both.

Comment

Thanks for all those useful suggestion. I have some recommendations

* Notes from the Grooming Table by Melissa Verplank (2004)

* A Comprehensive Manual for Individualized Dog and Cat Grooming by Efroim Gurman and Yanina Ruda (2011)
                and
                * DIY Dog Grooming, From Puppy Cuts to Best in Show
                by Jorge Bendersky (2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz Wright View Post
                  Thanks for all those useful suggestion. I have some recommendations

* Notes from the Grooming Table by Melissa Verplank (2004)

* A Comprehensive Manual for Individualized Dog and Cat Grooming by Efroim Gurman and Yanina Ruda (2011)
                  and
                  * DIY Dog Grooming, From Puppy Cuts to Best in Show
                  by Jorge Bendersky (2014)
                  Thanks, but one thing, be sure to get the SECOND EDITION of Note from the Grooming Table, not the 2004.

Comment

Working...
                  X