Ultimate dog grooming, second edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate dog grooming, second edition

Have anyone seen this book yet? I think I am going to order it in a next few weeks.

http://www.fireflybooks.com/index.ph...Ultimate%20dog

I have the original (with 170 breeds) in my library. Looks to be a similar format (there are no mixed/"designer" breeds in my copy) so my review is based on the first printing. There is definitely some great information to be had in this book! That being said, it seems to me that it is more of a read and learn informational that has some photos and line drawings, than a follow the picture format like Dog Grooming Simplified: Straight to the Point by Jodi Murphy (of course the updated version may have different artwork so idk). I am not discounting the great information in Jodi's book, merely saying that it would be a better choice for someone who is more of a visual learner. I actually love both of these books and believe you can never have too many books in your grooming library! Get them all! For sheer informational content (although there are plenty of pictures), I highly recommend The Dog Groomer's Manual: A Definitive Guide to the Science, Practice and Art of Dog Grooming by Sue Gould. Many aren't familiar with Sue, but she is renowned in England, and is a City and Guilds Assessor (mandatory British certification that is needed before going into grooming). In my opinion, her 400 page book is the best in my library (I currently have 37 books anywhere from business, to veterinary skin and coat, to grooming instructional!) This number doesn't include my vast array of DVD's.) You can never have too much knowledge...buy them all!

Comment

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
      I highly recommend The Dog Groomer's Manual: A Definitive Guide to the Science, Practice and Art of Dog Grooming by Sue Gould
      I have this book! I got it after someone on this board recommended it, maybe it was you. I love the photos with the examples of corrective grooming. Also, had no idea that in UK schnauzers are not considered terriers.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
        I have this book! I got it after someone on this board recommended it, maybe it was you. I love the photos with the examples of corrective grooming. Also, had no idea that in UK schnauzers are not considered terriers.
        What are they considered, then? O_O Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
          What are they considered, then? O_O Crazy!
          Utility group.
          And don't call them crazy, I love schnauzers!

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
            Utility group.
            And don't call them crazy, I love schnauzers!
            Well I meant that it's crazy that they aren't considered terriers but we all know there are some crazies out there in the schnoozy world

Comment

Since you already have Sue's book, I would say go ahead and buy this one. For twenty something dollars (on ebay), it is quite worth it imo. Apparently this second edition not only has "designer" breeds, but some creative grooming, and how to improve your skills for certification or competition as well. There is no such thing as too much information when it comes to your profession.

Comment

I love schnauzers... Have one myself, and she is CRAZY! Wouldn't trade her for anything in the world though! She's my constant entertainment. With the way she argues and talks back its like having another teenager in the house! She rules the roost around here too! The lab and pit bull always let her have her way!

It is strange that they're not considered terriers though. They definitely have the personality!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am starting to build a library, thanks for giving me another choice.

Comment

Working...
                  X