SmartPhones and making appointments with aps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartPhones and making appointments with aps

Hey--does anyone out there use a SmartPhone--and do you have the capability to, or do you currently have an ap for making appointments in a virtual appt. book??!!
    Wow---I don't think this is available for us yet,,could be a useful tool,especially for those who travel-showing or competing where we are away a lot on weekends,,anyone out there who'd use it? No one at 123Pets had any idea of how they could link their software currently to a phone for live appointment scheduling...
    well, what do you think??
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

I have a smartphone and i put my appointments on it using the calendar in the blackberry. I looked for an app that could at least link the appt with my contacts but couldn't find any. I wish it was a 123-pet app though because that is what i use on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by valentine View Post
      I wish it was a 123-pet app though because that is what i use on my computer.
      Yes--I agree--I called them twice today and the one person I talked with said that I may be on to something here...we'll see....LOL!
      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I have a iphone and although we still use of normal appt system that is linked to the internet; we use an awesome app to process credit cards on the spot. Being mobile before the app we had to call in the cards or process them at the end of the week. The merchant one app lets us do it on the spot, they can even sign the screen or take a photo of the back of the card. Also, you can e-mail a reciept too.

Comment

I use a Palm Treo phone. It's great, has all my info> contacts, notes on contacts, memos, tasks, calendar, excel sheets (like pricing, expenses, maintenance schedule), messaging, all kinds of stuff. Instant access to all of it and it all syncs to my computer. The Treo is like a computer and I could easily get by without a computer. I use a bluetooth for phone and schedule my appt. as I talk. Love it. Mobile here too.
          A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Originally posted by MsDaisy View Post
            we use an awesome app to process credit cards on the spot. Being mobile before the app we had to call in the cards or process them at the end of the week. The merchant one app lets us do it on the spot, they can even sign the screen or take a photo of the back of the card. Also, you can e-mail a reciept too.

I was talking with a gal at the phone store about this--it is REALLY cool!
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by MydogMissy View Post
              I use a Palm Treo phone. It's great, has all my info> contacts, notes on contacts, memos, tasks, calendar, excel sheets (like pricing, expenses, maintenance schedule), messaging, all kinds of stuff. Instant access to all of it and it all syncs to my computer. The Treo is like a computer and I could easily get by without a computer. I use a bluetooth for phone and schedule my appt. as I talk. Love it. Mobile here too.
              My Dog--which phone Co. is that Treo available thru? US Cellular or someone else?
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
                My Dog--which phone Co. is that Treo available thru? US Cellular or someone else?
                I think several networks are available for the Treo. It works with Verizon, Sprint and Alltell as well (maybe others?). Here's a link with their different models (Treo Pro, Pre, and Pixi are the newest versions). I don't have the latest one cause I buy phones like I buy cars...lol. A year or two old and you get a [b]lot[/b] better price!!

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/...age_en.html#NA Phones
                A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

I use a Blackberry as my business phone. I have all appointments and contact info, plus info on the pets in it. When I get home, I sync it to my Outlook, so I have it on my laptop, as well. I'm mobile, and I have found Outlook works just as good as any of the grooming software programs, for my needs.
                  I have heard that Kennel Connnection can be synced with a Windows phone, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

iphone appointments

Has anyone found an appointment app for your iphone? just got mine and was wanting to set everything up on my phone. I got the mobile me and was going to activate it.

Comment

I have a T-mobile Dash and I sync it with my outlook calander...works great...I am mobile and normally just write everything in a date book then go home and input into my kennel connection program. Since I have discovered this sync thing, I am slowly getting away from kennel connection and my date book...good luck

Comment

I don't have a smartphone yet. I do use genbook for any online booking people want to do. When someone books it sends an email. If you have internet then you can look at the calendar & see who booked etc. I really do like genbook.com.

Shannon
                        The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Chris,

I use the Treo phone for my appts, contacts, etc. as well. I have the Palm-based Treo phone (Verizon) because my appts. are in Outlook. My massage therapist has a newer phone which also uses the Outlook calendar program -- don't remember what its called.

Michelle

Comment

Chris I'm going to email you a pdf, of something you will find very interesting I believe.
                            "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Originally posted by MsDaisy View Post
                              I have a iphone and although we still use of normal appt system that is linked to the internet; we use an awesome app to process credit cards on the spot. Being mobile before the app we had to call in the cards or process them at the end of the week. The merchant one app lets us do it on the spot, they can even sign the screen or take a photo of the back of the card. Also, you can e-mail a reciept too.

Ms daisy how do I get this?

Comment

Working...
                              X