Grooming Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Hat

Does anyone wear a hat or a bandanna while grooming?

I am thinking of wearing a hat while grooming but cannot decide on a style.

No, but then I hate wearing hats.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I can't imagine wearing anything else that would make me warmer than I am when I'm working. Why would you want to wear a hat? Are you grooming outside? Are you generally very cold person? Are you concerned about getting dog hair in your hair? Just not sure why you'd want to wear something that could slip fall whatever.

Comment

I wear bandanas. My hair is very short so a ponytail is out of the question and I need to keep my hair from falling in front of my face. My hair also changes color every couple of months and the bandana is my compromise. I just went from black, green and gold to black, purple, fuschia and reddish orange.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
          I can't imagine wearing anything else that would make me warmer than I am when I'm working. Why would you want to wear a hat? Are you grooming outside? Are you generally very cold person? Are you concerned about getting dog hair in your hair? Just not sure why you'd want to wear something that could slip fall whatever.
          The reason would be with the hair and water going everywhere including my head. I don't like to wash my hair every day after work and it might keep it cleaner. I work inside with the air conditioning on most of the year, but I'm not a hot person. Also I think wearing something would look better. I wear my long hair in a pony tail to keep it out of the way but it looks better with a hat on when I do that. I thought a base ball type hat, but with the big visor it might look wired wearing that style indoors.

Comment

A baseball cap would be definitely out of the question since the visor would get too close to your dog, especially when you are bending down, doing close up work. You might want to turn the cap around, but then, you might want to just wash your short hair every night or do a good brush out and wash every other day.

Happy not wearing a sombrero

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Personally I wear soft hairbands to keep the strays off my face, but my friend wears a baseball cap with her shop logo on it daily. Pokes her ponytail out the little hole above the adjuster strap. Works for her.

Comment

Okay, now I understand
                , What about wearing one of the cute surgical style caps you can see a lot of vets wearing? They have some really cute styles now.

Comment

that's a good idea

Comment

I don't know if it's just show dogs, but a lot of them do not like judges in hats. I don't know why, maybe because they can't see the eyes? Like I said I don't know, so I personally would be wary of wearing a hat while grooming.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                      I don't know if it's just show dogs, but a lot of them do not like judges in hats. I don't know why, maybe because they can't see the eyes? Like I said I don't know, so I personally would be wary of wearing a hat while grooming.
                      That's right! I remember at PetSomething we were supposed to wear rain deer antlers during Christmas time and one time I came to check my dog in, Springer spaniel, and her mom said I will have to take the antlers off, because the dog does not like any type of hat or head "decorations."

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                        That's right! I remember at PetSomething we were supposed to wear rain deer antlers during Christmas time and one time I came to check my dog in, Springer spaniel, and her mom said I will have to take the antlers off, because the dog does not like any type of hat or head "decorations."

Comment

I wear a ball cap to ride my horse....but have tried to wear when grooming (because there are some CUTE womans caps out ther) But the bill of the cap gets in my way. I don't wash my long hair but every other day..... I wear down in winter or in a pony tail in summer....however I spay and brush my hair nightly (and every morning wet or dry) with Best Shot and brush it out....tada no more dog smell.
                          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I think a headband would be the most I could wear, possibly kerchief but if it is humid I get uncomfortable with hats.

Comment

Buff Bands

Originally posted by PixelTrix View Post
                              Does anyone wear a hat or a bandanna while grooming?

I am thinking of wearing a hat while grooming but cannot decide on a style.
                              I began wearing Buff Bands when I ran, and soon started wearing them, always, while grooming. I have shortish hair and I can make these as wide or as narrow as needed.

You can get them super cheap at amazon if you don't go for the brand name.

Comment

Working...
                              X