Footwear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwear!

Hiya everyone! Soooooooo what kind of shoes are you wearing at work?
    I have been wearing crocs, which are great for the water aspect of the job. But traction and arch support not so much! I have definitely taken some hysterical looking tumbles on the job. I work on tiled floors, as I'm sure we all do?
    So ladies & gentlemen, what is on your feet at work??

I wear waterproof trail runner type shoes with superfeet insoles. Semi-squishy midsoles, lots of traction, and thanks to the insoles lots of support too. I wear Salomon brand but there are lots of brands that would do the same thing, those just fit me best. It's not a cheap route ($125 for the shoes unless I find them on clearance and $45 for the insoles which last through about 2-3 pairs of shoes) but I never have sore feet or knees at the end of a long day. I get mine through REI just because they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if they don't work out I can return them and try something else.

Comment

Shape-Ups for me

I am in love with them. Mine are not the tie-up kind, instead they have the single strap, think Mary Janes. LOL. but they are so comphy. Wish they would have had these years ago. Yes they may take some people a bit to get the hang of them, they have the funky "rocker bottoms" but man are they ever comphy. But then I walk heel to toe anyway. Great squishability, too.

Comment

Alegrias. With my knee this shoe is amazing. My knee has almost quit hurting and my pain meds have reduced by more than 75% since I got my first pair. I have clog types, a pair with backs and two pairs of sandals.....YES they are pricey, but I ADORE THEM and my knee is thankful!
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

The Danka chef shoes, they are designed for standing long periods of time. They are pricey but last forever and well worth it.

Comment

Crocs here too, the ones that have the heel and arch support (made for the workplace, no holes). I don't remember what they're called, but I need a new pair as there is absolutely no traction left on the bottom anymore. I haven't fallen at work, but I did embarrass myself at a 7-11. It was raining, so I went striding through the door and whoops! I ended up on one knee in front of about 4 people. With the next stride I was up and acting like nothing happened. I think I played it off well!

Comment

After breaking my big toe in crocks I quit wearing them.

I LOVE my Earth shoes - again, expensive but worth it. I may try the sketchers.

For the past year I've been committing a big no-no and wearing Earth shoe SANDALS. They are comfortable, my feet stay cool and dry fast if they get wet. I know, I know, someday I'm going to drop my shears and they are going to go through my foot Luckily large dogs with long nails bouncing on my feet hasn't bothered me too much.

Comment

i wear crocs, though i'm going to get some "shoes for crews" style croc's with a no slip grip
                i find it rather scary to slide across the room (especially when i'm holding a dog!!!)
                I just love i can get them soaked, and when a dog pees on my foot (which seems to happen quite often) i can just take them off and rub them down!

Comment

I also use the work-crocs. I can't remember what they are called either, but they were designed specifically for nurses because they have a slightly higher backing to them, so employers cannot catagorize them as flip-flops. They have better arch support, larger grip-grooves (though they do become slippery if you step upon a large wad of fur) and they are hair-splinter proof because they do not have holes! Not to mention your feet stay dry.

Comment

Hey there - It's me, your "old" buddy from grooming school! Hope you are well! So nice to see you posting.

I wear New Balance sneakers most of the year. Uggs during the winter cause I'm mobile.

How's Coco?
                    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Dansko Prof Clogs

I have chronic back problems (even had to go to physical therapy for a while) and my PT convinced me to invest in some Danskos... I'm SOOO glad I did! They don't slip AT ALL on wet surfaces, are water proof so you don't have to worry about soggy feet, and have totally cured me of foot and leg pain from standing all day. I've been wearing them almost everyday for a year and the soles aren't worn down a bit. They take a bit of getting used to because your heel is supposed to slip up and down in them when you walk, but after that, you'll be in love. :-) I even wear them around the house because I've found it to be more comfortable than walking around without shoes on. As far as cost, yes they are expensive, around $100, but they will last you forever and IMO being pain-free is worth much more than that! I also bought a pair of nice running shoes for nearly the same cost and don't like them much at all. My legs, feet, and back hurt after having them on for the day. I'm about to buy a pair of Dansko sandals for the summer :-)

Comment

I wear prima crocs. They're a ballet slipper rubber shoe. I wear them mostly for fashion cause they're cute. (I used to think crocs were an abomination til I found these) They're good for being able to rinse them down and clean them whenever you want. The only problem with them is they stretch after wearing them for a while. And my feet get wet/sweaty (ew!) and sometimes if I step the wrong way or stumble a bit my big toe or a few others will pop out and then I'm not so cute anymore. I will be sad when they kick the bucket tho.

Comment

I am all about Merrells!!! I wear the Zip Up tennis shoe, they run about $80 but fit like a glove. I used to wear Nursing or Chef shoes but they were bulky and as soon as they started looking dirty I wanted new ones. Well, since almost all grooming clothes are dark bottoms I decided to buy black ones. My first pair, about 2 years old and still look good and are comfy.

I don't know if they would be good for wide feet but for narrow to normal they are perfect. I normally wear a 6.5N.

Comment

I just bought some easy Spirits that look like sneakers but they slide on like clogs. I've had them about 2 weeks and so far so good. Don't have a choice anyway since hubby set the old clogs on fire.
                            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Here are the work Crocs everyone is referring to: http://www.crocs.com/work-shoes/work...FQRjswod8CWeBA

I personally use a gardening shoe called "Sloggers"...which are like Crocs except they have a removable antibacterial insole and there are no holes on the top (I wear socks with mine, they have holes in the side, but they don't get wet). They have two shoes, a lightweight one similar to the original Croc style and a thicker soles clog (no holes). I find both to be extremely comfortable and since I can wear socks with them I don't experience the "wet rubber" issue. I also only paid 20 bux each for them at an Ace Hardware (so you can try them on).

Curious about the work Crocs and the Danskos.. I wonder where I can try some on...Hmmmm..

Jessie

Comment

Working...
                              X