Want better fitting pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want better fitting pants

The grooming clothing business needs to update their grooming pants. They have only one length, too long, I have to cut the legs almost 4-5inches off!!!
    And the waist is so long the crotch is almost down to my knees. I have to double the waist over in order for the pants to even fit, like I have room in the butt for a Lhasa Apso!
    Why can't they come up with a petite size?? I always have to do major down sizing on them. Has anyone found a better fitting pants yet??

I understand Plexi!
    And the sizes dont match up with other companys. I like to eat so I normally wear a 1x jacket but when I ordered from Ryan's ( I do like their paw brothers clothing) I ended up having to get a 3x!! Talk about embarassing!
    Tammy

Comment

Tell me abot it. I'm 4' 11' and everything is long. They do need clothing for us woman who are under 5 feet tall. Just like the clothing industry.
      Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

ah well i just wear my jeans and tshirt with a smock over the front of it LOL! this way i know my stuff fits. although getting wet jeans off to pee is always fun...yes embarressing isnt the word either...having to send it back because it dosnt fit is embarressing. my boss is alot thinner than i am and i cant wear the grooming jackets she has...they dont fit me! so i took the grooming smock she has and it works fine for me. although ill probably buy a new one when i start grooming because mine has those snap button things...and if the dog rips it off my neck it unhooks...my boss has one that has a snap clip closer (like those saftey dog collars) that works better. so ill get one like that.
        Hound

Comment

I am 5'1" and have the same problem. I stopped ordering them and now just go to the Salvation Army and buy the nylon pants for about $2-$3. I am much happier this way. I do need to get some new smocks though, I loved the pink and blue shirts for summer. But this time of year I like a smock over my t-shirt.

Comment

Yeah I'm 5'1" and I havn't even ordered pants because I had a feeling it would be a waste of money. I've seen sizes xl,xxl,xxxl......why can't they make xs or at least "petite"?? Maybe we should just hope that a short person opens a grooming clothing company soon lol.

Comment

I have the same problem. I found a great pair of pants at target, they're black exercise pants but more fitted and flared, they look kind of like business pants. The great thing is that they dry quickly and hair doesn't stick to them at all, they have kind of a mat material as opposed to the shiny crinkle stuff most grooming clothes are made from. I think they were either $20 or $25.

They also had some cropped pants made with the same material, but being 5'3 they weren't very flattering on me.

Comment

Clothes for the petite Groomer, good idea

I'm 5' 1" and 110 lbs. I gave up and started buying my grooming clothes at thrift stores. They may not fit perfect, but I do match. lol
                I even found some water proof vests.
                A Petite Clothing Store for Groomers is a good idea. Maybe I'll give that some thought.
                Tzugroomer

Comment

Have you tried the pants by Groomer's Choice? I bought a pair of low rise, flare legged pants that are a little too short for me. I am short waisted and these fit me really well. Maybe they could tell you what the inseam measurment is.

Comment

The inseam on most pants fits me but the length, as you all have mentioned, must have been measured from a Valkyrie! This is why I miss Rosie Lange's clothing so much! She made several custom outfits, with properly fitting pants, before she went out of business. I wish she'd come back out with another line. (HINT!!!!!)

Comment

Same here! I'm 5 '2 and all my pants get at least one waist roll and im contantly stepping on the bottoms of them until my nana can hem them

Comment

I just wear my good old jeans and a smock. The dog hair falls right off the jeans and the smock at the end of the day I just HV myself and I set.
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

I wish they would come out with more trendier clothes for groomers, when I get off work I feel like I look scraggley when I go to the store. I just bought a cute smock at the dog show, it is a blue typical zip front smock but it has Rhinestones down the zipper -a lot more stylish at least. Pet edge used to carry a shirt that looked like a regular button down shirt with long sleeves and a collar, I wish they would carry that again. If I were you I would just go to a sporting good store. You can probably find some excersize pants made of the same stuff. I had some and I cut the linning out of one pair or just leave it for winter. maybe even a large children's size that is what a lot of my friends do. I told one of my friends she should open a groomer wear store and make us some cuter stuff & it is a business that definatly has room for growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggy View Post
                            I have the same problem. I found a great pair of pants at target, they're black exercise pants but more fitted and flared, they look kind of like business pants. The great thing is that they dry quickly and hair doesn't stick to them at all, they have kind of a mat material as opposed to the shiny crinkle stuff most grooming clothes are made from. I think they were either $20 or $25.

They also had some cropped pants made with the same material, but being 5'3 they weren't very flattering on me.

Thats where I purchased the pants I wear every day, and they also had shorts for a little while..
                            Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

Try Lang,they are very long=lasting. The L top Xl pant is my sz. I am 5/6 & qt. I did't like elastic legs. I was surprized to get that. mix n match colors-big variety. teal yellow accent sleeves/pocket. royal blue/red accnt. I make up combo- they do them. Ilike mint=looks aqua. They may go under a new co. name. get back to ya on that. Someone out there knows. I hope petite fits you well.

Comment

Working...
                              X