Clipper Vac........AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper Vac........AGAIN

Well, after reading the posts on the other thread about cv, I'm FORCING myself to use it more. I haven't tried any clips with the grain of the hair though........YET. Lots of reverse. I also like to use snap ons alot. I do have a question though.........using the romani snap ons(i have the full set), which would I use to get a 4F look?? I mean how would I achieve this look with the cv and snap on?? Hope you all can help.

Thanks, Vicki

I'd use the shortest or next to the shortest depending on the coat-thick or thin. If it's really thin go to the third shortest. I do most of my work with SOC and reverse clipping using a clipper system and I love the the look! Have fun

Comment

I would use the #2 comb.

Comment

Maybe the 1/2 inch or the 3/8 inch snap on. The one I find really useful for making great looking cuts is the 5/8 inch in reverse. Great length for shihs, malts and the like. Also on some bichons if they like it shorter, if they can maintain the coat in any fashion the 3/4 inch is a good one to use on the body, then use the inch or 1.25 to start blending the roach. I only use the CV in reverse really when using combs. I occassionally do with the grain when using blades...like down the cocker, schnauzer back if the hair will cut evenly. On scotties and the like, I often use a 5 skip with the grain for a more natural look. but if they want the hair shorter or it just won't cut well with the grain, I often use a 3 3/4 blade in reverse for the body, then blend the sides down into the skirt/furnishings with the 5 skip with NO CV for the blending line. Then I use the 5 skip to contine to skim the skirt for further blending. When you get really good you can use the CV to help in the skimming, but be careful cause you can suck up big chunks and it may be choppy. Soon you will be a genious with the CV. It is fun, sometimes I feel like a real artist especially doing the blending and skimming.

Comment

a pom

This is a little pom that I want to try this on. I've only groomed her a couple times, and they like the dog clipped(go figure). She had been getting clipped at the last groomer's. The first time I did the pom, it was winter, and I did a 4f a/o clip. The lady LOVED it to no end, that's why I want the 4f look, but I want to use my cv.

Thanks, Vicki

Comment

I'm still saving my pennings to get a clipper vac
            Hey Stephen, Can't you talk marlene in to a donation for a contest prize???
            "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
            Nancy

Comment

If you want the 4f look, why don't you try the 3 3/4 blade in reverse with the CV. Personally, I like to use a 5f Rev on pom shaves with a nice round head. Probably the equivalent of a 7f. Short comb clips for the double coated dogs like poms seem uneven to me, even with the CV. So I usually opt for a blade with them. If you have a 5/8 blade you could try it, but I really like the 3 3/4

Comment

I agree with Fur, a 3 3/4 blade in reverse would be best. But since you asked about snap on I would use the laube comb labeled "1 1/2".

Comment

Vicki, since combs are different with each brand, just start out with a long one and take a stripe from tail to head, and then go to the next comb or two down, and from there you can find that "just right" length.

One thing, though: With some poms, if you use a comb, you get right down to that undercoat and it's thich and doesn't clip well with a comb. In that case, like Dawn (Fur Elite) said, use a 3 3/4" blade reverse----LOWEST SUCTION, have that regulator ALL THE WAY OPEN, and you'll like it I'm sure!

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                  X