Laube Lightening or Andis Litespeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laube Lightening or Andis Litespeed

I need to order new clippers and I can't decide which ones I want. I had decided on the Laube Lightening because they are so much lighter than the Andis (or so I thought) but now that I read further I noticed that the Laube's weigh 9 oz. and the Andis weigh 1.10 lbs, however, the Andis weight is listed with the blade on and the Laube is listed without the blade. The only clipper I've ever used is the Andis Super AGC so I am used to the shape of them and I really like them. One day when mine weren't working I used the other girls Osters and I hated them. I couldn't get used to the shape and they seemed to vibrate alot. Anyway has anyone used both the Laube and the Andis? Any recommendations as to which one is better and if the Laube's are worth spending an extra $50 on??? Thanks.

I have used both the Laube lightning and a few different types of Andis Clippers. I really liked the Laube lightning because it is so light weight and it is a cordless. e downside of the Laube for me was that none of my Andis Ultra Edge Blades would fit correctly. I've been told that all you have to do is adjust the hinges on the blades, but what a hassle. So I decided to order the new Andis Lite Speed clipper (the one with the light on the end of it). I like it alot so far. Just wish it was a little lighter weight and easier to hang onto. It is alot like a Andis Ultra Edge clipper.

Comment

Great question I have been wonering the same thing as I too want to get new clippers and have only used andis clippers.
      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
      Nancy

Comment

I use Andis most of the time but I love my Laube with a ceramic 7f to power thru big hairy critters and Cocker shaves.

Lisa

Comment

I have both and in the beginning I kept going back to my Andis and now that I am used to my Laube, I LOVE them. As far as weight, I don't notice a difference.

Comment

laube clippers

I just got a second-hand pair of laube clippers. However they are not very quiet and seem to shake alot. Any ideas?

Comment

I am going to buy the laube lightenings, I am not crazy about my andis, they are ok but I want the extra umph!. I love my Wahl Bravura's they are truly different, and clip a poodles face like you have never seen. You can tell the difference on a cocker clip too, it leaves a smoother finish with out having to go over the same hair twice, they will even cut through matted chow hair like it was butter. and the blade never gets hot, Trust me they are well woth the $150

Comment

Well, you're really comparing apples to oranges here. It's not just their weight that you want to think about, there are a few other things:

Laube clippers are the highest torque clipper around (for regular pet grooming). THey have a FIVE year warranty while most clippers have a 1 year warranty. They will go through coats that some other clippers would struggle to go through without the motor heating up.

The Andis are more reliable, in my opinion, as far as day-to-day clipping, but other than that, I see no advantage. I don't need a "light" on my clipper, I have the clipper vac and those hard to see areas are still ok, as "the hair comes to me" when I use my clipper vac.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

i love the laube litening, but it is hard to get parts to do the service yourself. i just got the wahl switchblade, which i like a lot. it is a variable speed. anywhere from the lowest to the highest and anything in between. it fits nicely in the hands, but is 14 oz. it doesn't feel that heavy.
                  Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                  "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

re:Laube or Andis

i'm not going to tell you how many different brands of clippers i've tried because then you'd know almost how old i am but, i say andis is the way to go. andis has always given me the quality that i want and need. while laube is a very good clipper, i didn't care for the balance or the durability. the blades seem to get hot faster and i went back to andis again. i'm not sure what area you're in but in my area i go to gene's clipper service, he always takes the time to answer my questions honestly and never hesitates to tell me if he thinks my choice of brands may not be the best. he will let me look at any tool or test any shear in store that i ask for. i'm very thankful for his outspoken personality. it has saved me a lot of grief,time, and money.

Comment

I have the Laube Litening, I loved it when it worked...After several months, it would just quit working, even with a full battery charge...I would be in the middle of a groom, and it would stop...I got so frustrated with it, I put it away in the storage compartment and went back to my corded Andis clippers...

Comment

I"ve never tried the lightening, but have used the IVAC and Laube's shark. I don't like either of them at all. The shark has given me nothing but problems. When I use it, and it works, I like it...it's lightweight, and does what I want it to, but usually it's more of a pain in the neck.

My Andis has never let me down...unless it completely died. I love them, and will always have several to work with. My Andis is my workhorse. JMO
                        Erin
                        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Honestly, I looove my Laube litenings, but my Andis has been more reliable from day one.

Tammy in Utah.
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I Love my Cordless Lightnings.
                            Sure they can heat up faster, thats because they run faster.. keep you blades clean & oild and that will take care of most of the problems associated with the Laubes.
                            Also remember ..theres 16oz to the lb. so the Andis are almost double the weight of the litnings.

Comment

I have the andis lightspeed and I love it!!!! All my clippers are andis and they have held up over the years great. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X