HV idea worked well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HV idea worked well

I thought I'd add this to the new boards, so that everyone could know how well it worked. On the previous boards I started a thread about a high velocity drying idea. Here is the idea:

Many of us have mentioned wrapping the dog's head ("little red riding hood style") in a towel, and dry the rest of the dog as usual, then by the time you get to the head, it's mostly dry.

Well, then I got the idea of using a moisture magnet instead of just a towel. I wrap the MM around the neck (or head, or whatever you want dry faster), and then put the regular towel around that. Then I put the grooming loop (in the tub) around the towels and tightened it so they'd stay in place. Dried the german shepherd from the back then headed to the front.

By the time I got to the neck/throat area, it was pretty much dry except the throat area, which I didn't get the towel around well. The dogs are usually sensitive about having their heads dried, and who blames them with the noise? This saves time, so you can put your dryer on a lower motor but still quickly dry the head/neck area.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

It also helps to muffle the noise of the HV when the towel(s) are placed around the head. Sometime else I do is put dry cotton balls in the ears after I clean them but before the bath to protect the dogs from water during the bath and to further muffle the noise of the HV afterwards.

Comment

Great idea! I will have to try that out. I'm sure they would be more relaxed just having less noise with their heads wrapped up.

Comment

Tammy-

That's a great idea! It really helps and it's time efficient.

Comment

Tammy, is the moisture magnet the same as the little orange towels from metro?? I STILL have NOT figured this one out.........lol

Vicki

Comment

Yes, they are the same. Great idea Tammy.

Comment

I've been wrapping heads for a long time and it does help quite a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
                It also helps to muffle the noise of the HV when the towel(s) are placed around the head. Sometime else I do is put dry cotton balls in the ears after I clean them but before the bath to protect the dogs from water during the bath and to further muffle the noise of the HV afterwards.
                Actually, that was part of the reason I wrap the head (the other part being the drying advantage, obviously), but when using cotton balls in the past, the dog could always fling them out. I hadn't thought about using them with a towel or two with a freaked out dog.

::Note to self:: "Buy cotton balls."

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie_Gal View Post
                  Tammy, is the moisture magnet the same as the little orange towels from metro?? I STILL have NOT figured this one out.........lol

Vicki
                  Hey Vicki, yes, the orange towels are the moisture magnets. I think you got a free one with your Master Blaster. When I started working at the animal hospital, there was a brand new, un-used Moisture magnet that had dust all over it. The former groomers didn't use it!!!! Their loss, my gain. I love those things.

Tammy in Utah
                  PS: They get washed/bleached often by the kennel techs, and they are still holding up like no other!

Comment

I don't have much trouble keeping fresh cotton balls in ears that have been cleaned first. If one does fall out, I'll put in another. The difference is amazing as most pets don't mind the air flow too much without all the NOISE...

Comment

Working...
                    X