Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRrrrrrrrr!

Sorry I just have to vent!
    Im having to take care of my sisters 7 lab mix (all indoors, all over 50 lbs) dogs this weekend. So to treat myself I ordered some killer meatball breadsticks ($8 for one order! my "good" meal for the week!!!)from this very pricey italian resturant in town.
    I walk in her front door, place the bread sticks in the middle of her large kitchen table and walk to the back door as all of her dogs are barking like mad. I get the door open and count heads as they all run out into the yard and notice Im one short. I turn around and there in less than 10 seconds, I swear, her 13 year old lab has jumped onto the table and wolfed down my entire order of breadsticks on one gulp! And of course he sees me turn around, knows he is in for it, jumps off the table, lands hard on the hard wood floor, falls cause he isnt a young chicken anymore, starts choking because he just snarfed what is practically a whole deep dish pizza down in one swallow and now I cant ever yell at him because Im so worried that he is either choking or broken a leg in the fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now Im out my dinner, and I really want those breadsticks so do I call back up there and tell them the doggie ate them?!?!

ergggghhhh I need a drink,
    Tammy

Call up and order them, tell them the dog ate them...I doubt you'll get any sympathy, but you never know. The mgr on duty may be a pet lover. lol. Sorry about your luck. I think I would've spit roasted the lab after that move!
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

That story is absolutly hillarious! Being a big girl that loves to eat I might have still yelled at him, choking or not. lol I'm a little evil that way. When my fiance trys to eat off my plate I practically growl. So funny, thanks for the laugh!

Comment

Are you sure that was not my lab you had there. I did not see her much this weekend. I think she knows I am still mad about the candy thing and has been staying under the radar. Glad I am not the only one with a pig.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
          Are you sure that was not my lab you had there. I did not see her much this weekend. I think she knows I am still mad about the candy thing and has been staying under the radar. Glad I am not the only one with a pig.
          Diamienono,
          I would be more than happy to pack him up and send him over!!!!

LOL
          Tammy

Comment

LOL Been there done that. And it's always something I am really looking forward to eating. My dogs know better than to put their nose on the table or the counter. But my old dog seems to forgotten all her manners lately with her old age.

Comment

grrr

my doberman has turned into quite the food thief also. my daughter did the same, came home, sat food on counter..went to do something? came in, no sandwich lol guess who struck again? lol he likes hardees hot ham and cheese apparently

Comment

Originally posted by petstylist View Post
                Diamienono,
                I would be more than happy to pack him up and send him over!!!!

LOL
                Tammy
                No thanks. I was going to ask if you wanted mine since you have so many, what is one more lol.
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Oh no I would order them again because your in the mood for them and it might be the only thing to help you get over what just happened, lol.

My cocker did something similar only a few weeks before christmas. I love the chi tea latte's from Panera bread but its a little out of the way to go there, so the one night I was out and decided to stop for one. Well I wait forever for it (as usual) and then its way to hot to drink so I brought it home. I went to drink it agian and it was still too hot. So I waited and waited and stirred it finally it got cooler so I brought it up with me to the computer room (to check out the message board, no doubt) and then the phone rang (9:30pm by this time) So I'm thinking who the heck is calling the house phone this late, so I run into the other room just to see a number I didn't know on the caller I.D. So I come running back to the computer room and there is my EMPTY cup on the carpet with Oreo licking the carpet! I was soooo mad! I told him I hope he enjoyed all the money and hard work and time I put in that thing, lol!

Comment

Reorder them and enjoy--you really deserve them now and just charge them to your sister, after all it was her dog that ate the first ones. lol

When I first got my St. Poo we were warned that she loves to eat bread. One night we were having hamburgers and all the fixin's were out on the table, along with the buns. I was getting the burgers off the grill, came in the house to set them on the table and you guessed it the buns were gone!! She had eaten half the package. .
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

My Great Dane I had loved bread. His head cleared the counter and every morning if we forgot to put the bread high up, we would find the plastic all over the kitchen... LOL.. Plus my boyfriends dog will try to steal food off out plates with us still eating. Such a sneak.
                      Becky

Comment

ROFLMBBO!!! Thanks for sharing that

Comment

You guys had me laughing out loud as I read these posts! Especially the first one...I could just see it happening like you wrote it! Thanks for the laughs!
                          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Oh no that stinks! I am sorry.. Get yourself another order and a nice stiff drink to go with it.
                            My dogs are scrappers but know that they are not allowed to go near tables.. Although Kayla has a fondness for spagetti sauce. One time I finished my lunch went into the kitchen and saw her with her nose in the bowl.
                            She knew she was in trouble. I love how they just know... and to boot she came up to me and burped a spaggetti sauce burp in my face right after. They have no shame. It's food food food... sleep.. food food food. bathroom... food food food, sleep. The same dog knows when she is about to get fed at night and will keep walking in and out of the room checking on me as the sun goes down and salivating b/c she knows she gets fed at night. What a pig! Pavlov's dog is right!!! Classical conditioning is soo true!

Comment

Pumpkin bread

I once was fixing a big pot full of pumpkin bread dough for everyones Christmas Gifts. I stepped out to retrieve a delivered package when it was about 3/4ths together. When I stepped back in my one dog had opened the door and the two had their heads in the big pot, gobbling as fast as they could. I got them out, with a few not nice words. I tried to estimate what was missing, and added the last couple of ingredients based on what I thought was left. No I would have NEVER told any recipients of the dogs slurping, lol. I baked the loafs. Well that was the worst bread one can imagine. Blagggh. So friends got pic and save gifts and to this day the very thought of pumpkin bread makes me feel wretchy.

But I sure know about getting all set for the special treat meal. It is way too important to me, and my doggies know that. Yes re-order or tomorrow get it and lock dogs up.
                              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Working...
                              X