Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to groom when a family crisis is happening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to groom when a family crisis is happening...

I'm not sure where to post this since there really isn't an off topic forum anymore. Recently my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and there is nothing the doctors can do for her. At first they thought it was Lung cancer. It has returned after almost 8 yrs. of being cancer free. They never caught it at her 3 month check ups with her cancer docs. She also has Congestive heart failure so chemo won't work for her. It is in her back, lungs, bones and brain now. She lives in AZ and it really is hard trying to work up here in Wa and just wait for the call from my dad to fly down. I can't afford to make several trips there so basically just saving my money intil I here it is time to get there. This is so difficult trying to work and keep a smile on my face and focus on grooming. I know I need to keep my mind busy though so I haven't missed a day of work. Thanks for letting me share whats going on, sorry it is so depressing though. Even though I don't know all of you personally, I feel like you guys/gals are more then just cyber friends out there.

I'm so sorry about your mom. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to be away from your family right now. I can't offer any good advice, but I want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers. {{HUGS}}

Stacey

Comment

Chihuahuafan, I'm so sorry to hear your news! I think I would be the same way, I would need to work to keep my mind occupied until I could go to her. Hang in there, you'll be in my prayers, and never stop praying for a miracle!

Comment

Chi,

I am so sorry. I cant even begin to comprehend what you are going through as my mom is the most important person in my life. I dont think I could keep it together as well as it sounds like you are. I don't have advice. I just wish there was something I could do to help your mom or ease your tension. I hope you have people around you to support you and help you through this terrible time. But whether you do or dont you can vent here with us ANYTIME. If there is anything we can do, let us know.

(Cyber hugs)
        Jade

Comment

(((HUGS))) Take care of yourself and do what you need to do. Tell your clients if you feel like it-you'd be surprised how much support you'll get when they know that something like this is going on.
          Last edited by bow_wow_wheels; 01-14-07, 04:20 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that. There is an off topic forum. It is all the way down the screen. Come here to let a load off anytime. HUGS to you
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Sorry about your mom. My mom battled breast cancer too. That was 5 yrs ago, then she got hit with uterian (sp?) cancer. She did go through chemo, but it was hard for her.
              I too am waiting for "the call" my grandfather has prostate cancer and the doctors wont treat him due to the fact he is 80 yrs old. It has spread to his spine and he cant walk. His health is going downhill fast. It was very emotional over the holidays. It bothers me day to day also, keep your chin up and remember happy thoughts and memories to keep you going. Sometimes, I will start to cry while I am grooming a dog.
              It would be hard being that far away. I'm a 4 hour drive from my family.
              I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Comment

Hi Chihuahuafan,

I have a good (groomer) friend who is going through a similar experience. Her mother's breast cancer recurred this fall and it has been a really rough road for her (since she too had breast cancer a year ago). Her mother is going through chemo at the moment but has other health issues going on as well.

I'm am very sorry that you are having to go through this and that you live so far away from your mother. I pray that the doctors are able to keep her comfortable during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please keep us posted.

Michelle

Comment

I have a friend that went through the same with her mother. It was very difficult for her to deal with the crisis and work too, but it also helped her alot. She said it kept her sanity. All the best to you and keep your faith. Draw near to god, and he will draw near to you..hes never far

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mom. It must be so hard with the distance to not be able to see her as much as you want to right now. Hang in there-my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Comment

I, too, am so sorry to hear of your mother's troubles. I'm sure you are such a comfort to her even if you are unable to be with her physically right now. I pray that everything works out for you all at this hard time in your family.
                      Erin
                      No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I'm so very sorry for the ordeal you're going through. Like everyone else, been there, done that.

Right now 95 year old Grandma is failing, and we are also sitting around, waiting for the call. Last week she had a stroke, and we know it's just a matter of time. The doctors really can't do anything to help her, other than supportive care. There's no cure for old age.

The mental discipline it takes to continue to function is brutal. Do you have any type of support group in your area that you can plug into? If you don't know, and don't know where to look, contact Hospice. They should know all of the resources available to help you get through this difficult time.

I know the people on this board are a valuable support system, but we can't touch you, hug you, and phsyically give you a shoulder to cry on. And you need that. Take care of yourself. And know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear as well my mom has had her share of this stuff to it is very hard to watch and to be so far away keep your chin up.

Comment

We can feel so helpless at times like this. It is so difficult to carry on with our lives when such tragedy is unfolding. I am so sorry that you and your family have to go through such a terrible time and hope that you keep the strength you need. I hope that your family is a close one that can help each other through this very difficult time.
                            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your mom... I don't know how much time she has left or what her current condition is or her or your family's feelings on this, but what about having a living funeral for her? That way, everyone (including YOU) could go and enjoy your mother's company and she their's instead of having to wait until the end when it's too late. If she is still with you now, I would want to celebrate her life.

Comment

Working...
                              X