Clown Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clown Clip

can anyone tell me what exactly a clown clip is on a dog, and if u have a picture to see that would be great!!!thanx

Never heard of it. Is that supposed to be a poodle clip?

Comment

I don't have a pic, but it's the same thing as a summer clip, Miami, or Bikini clip. All the same clip, just different names. Everything off except poofs on the ankles, topknot and tail. Moustache optional.

Comment

aka Miami

The clown is another name for the Miami clip on a poodle. clean face/feet; scissored topknot and tail; same length all over except for puffs on legs. (I was pretty sure about this, but I did look it up in my poodle book!)

Comment

I believe it is another name for the Miami clip, also called The Playboy clip, also called The Bikini clip, LOL.

I BELIEVE that's what this is. IT's a shave-down basically, but leave pom poms (bracelets) and topknot and pom on tail. I do one with a #4 clipper vac all over, leave bracelets, pom on tail and proportionate topknot (to the best of my proportionate abilities, LOL).

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

oh I get it, that makes sense now. I just can't remember all those clip names. Especially when no one ever asks me for a special type of clip.

Comment

The original title for this was the Ponjola ,Wow this is going to date me, over the years it has derived all these new names Miami, Clown, etc.. It's a really fun clip to do and if the dog is agreeable we put little bows on the top center of the bracelets then follow up with nail polish, fun stuff

Comment

Miami, Bikini or Kennel w/braclets. It's in the Kalstone book, do you have a copy? It is an invaluable resource IMO. I collect old grooming/Breed books and this clip is listed as far back as 1959!

Comment

Thats a new one on me too! Glad I read this!

Comment

All of the above, but we simply call it Pom Poms!!

Comment

Working...
                    X