No announcement yet.

Friends at Galaxys Edge Star Wars in Socal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in OC and we never bought extra day passes. They have season passes that cost a lot and I mean big big bucks for locals. We would drop maybe 100 on a whim for a day but now around $150 no one I know goes. Locals not so happy.

Comment

Best explanation of the flop of Galaxy's Edge while Harry Potter new ride has daily 3 hour lines. Even when the 2nd ride opens which is supposedly much better, the "land" itself doesn't feel like Star Wars movies, but a theme mall. Yet people say at Harry Potter "land" at Universal it feels like you are in the movies. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVWwXGLEsg

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
        Best explanation of the flop of Galaxy's Edge while Harry Potter new ride has daily 3 hour lines. Even when the 2nd ride opens which is supposedly much better, the "land" itself doesn't feel like Star Wars movies, but a theme mall. Yet people say at Harry Potter "land" at Universal it feels like you are in the movies. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVWwXGLEsg
        Well I've heard there is a reason for that. George Lucas owns the rights to the characters, while Disney owns the rights to the movie franchise. Lucas gets 10 percent of merchandising off any of the original characters. Disney is cheap, didn't want to pay him. I don't know it as fact, but it makes sense whey there are no original characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie88 View Post
          I lived in OC and we never bought extra day passes. They have season passes that cost a lot and I mean big big bucks for locals. We would drop maybe 100 on a whim for a day but now around $150 no one I know goes. Locals not so happy.
          I'd kill for the price of a So Cal pass. The one I used to pay around 500 dollars for is now 1200.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
            Well I've heard there is a reason for that. George Lucas owns the rights to the characters, while Disney owns the rights to the movie franchise. Lucas gets 10 percent of merchandising off any of the original characters. Disney is cheap, didn't want to pay him. I don't know it as fact, but it makes sense whey there are no original characters.
            You go girl, tell it like it is!

Comment

The ride at Disneyland is about to open says my friends. Remember you don't stand in line you book your time for the ride up to a day in advance or something like that.

You can ride it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY4lBl1Y098

Comment

Cockerlvr you know I am no expert but for the new Galaxys edge you can get reservation time up to 24 hours ahead to visit it. It's like essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
                  Cockerlvr you know I am no expert but for the new Galaxys edge you can get reservation time up to 24 hours ahead to visit it. It's like essential.
                  Thanks Brit. Not super worried about it. When Nemo opened it had a six hour wait and we just went on another trip. We go so often I don't worry about new rides that much.

Comment

Cockerlvr I hope you can review it after you come back.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
                      Cockerlvr I hope you can review it after you come back.

Comment

We just went and we had a blast. No complaints. I must say I really really want to ride Hagrids at Harry Potters world.

Comment

I love Hagrids, It was fun to sit on a cycle type seat and fly! Not so much simulator. We have done the galaxys edge and it was fun. But it is pretty gentle simulator, not flying more like a coaster. Do them both.

Comment

I would love to do both. If I went to Socal I do both Anaheim Disney and Universal, till i drop.

Comment

Cockerlvr have you ever gone during Halloween and when they did the Nightmare Before Christmas extras?

Comment

My previous post was about Smugglers Run when it was the only 1 or 2 rides. I watched the new ride on YouTube looks fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X