Friends at Galaxys Edge Star Wars in Socal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends at Galaxys Edge Star Wars in Socal

My friends have been calling me for hours who splurged on the big opening at Disney Resort Socal. Sounds like they are having a blast. Long line is for the Cantina actually and you might get sticker shock from cocktails $20 to $40 each. Beer is I think $8 but so is the milk. They don't care. They got there about 3 am in line. Of course everyone had to try the blue or green milks. Remember you can be inside the whole resort but there is a time limit when you visit Galaxys Edge and only 1 main attraction is open. They met Provost Park from YouTube so if you want to see a walkthrough here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d__s2rlSBvg lots to see up to the point they enter the final portion of the attraction. If you wait a few months both rides open, but the wait for both rides and a Cantina visit may not be possible in 4 hour limit??? I am sure they will work it out.

Great link! I feel like I am there!

Comment

Just like being there very awesome! Did you see cockerlvr?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JpbCCKpxQI

Smugglers walkthrough

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

Seems like the green milk is ahead in popularity.

Comment

I'm surprised Cockerlvr isn't there already!

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
                Just like being there very awesome! Did you see cockerlvr?
                Haha! Nope Cockerlvr was not there. She will wait until the hype dies down in ten years or so lol. I remember when the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opened and there were six hour waits for the ride. Crazytown.

Seriously though, we go so often, it's just more annoying then anything when lines are crazy. I'm sure it's amazing being there for the opening, but just not worth it to this family. The thing we were most excited about this weekend was how small the other wait times were throughout the rest of the park. We were all checking our apps throughout the weekend and someone would randomly call out have you seen Space Mountain? It's only 20 minutes mid day.

Comment

Very cool to see. I watched the livestream of the dedication the other day. Maybe, just maybe we'll go in this fall when we venture down there again. Likely won't attempt a ride for years lol

Comment

Disneyland IS SLOW, hurting from GOUGING according to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4n2_l6X0U

Comment

Wow that is July with all that empty room? I cannot imagine a family of 4 has to pay about $600 a day just to get in and then all there is to do at galaxy is one ride and shops to spend more money. $200 lightsabers? That video surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
                        Wow that is July with all that empty room? I cannot imagine a family of 4 has to pay about $600 a day just to get in and then all there is to do at galaxy is one ride and shops to spend more money. $200 lightsabers? That video surprised me.
                        That is not entirely true about 600 a day. That would be if you bought a one day only park ticket. Usually if you buy a multi day ticket it's cheaper. The more days, the cheaper per day. As little as 68 a day per person if you do five days, four days is 81 per day per person. Add a little more if you want to do a park hopper. And the 125 per person is in peak season (which of course this is) but go in winter and it's less for one day.
                        Last edited by cockerlvr; 08-13-19, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Employee hours cut low attendance

That's good to know but employee hours have been cut it seems to lower attendance. https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...dge-attendance

Comment

My grandson said it has to do with prices as well. People that live in socal don't want to buy 3 4 or 5 day tickets and $130 to $150 daily tickets are their only option. Not many deals for locals this year. They also will wait for the 2nd attraction to open now.

Comment

My kids went and weren't too impressed. It is better than the old star tours ride, but a similar experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X