Gooming goldie puppys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gooming goldie puppys

Is it me or is it the breed or am I just getting lucky? So far I had my third golden puppy to groom and they were so good to me. I did their nails, baths, HV drying with no problems. They were still and let me go at it. One of the puppys I groomed 4 times already and he some how knows what to do as soon as he enters my grooming area. He puts his front paws up on the table and turns his head and looks at me as if to say well pull me up. lol I'm loving it. I have been all 3 puppys frist groomer and only. They act better than my grown up dogs!!!
    ok now where is that dang spell check?

Oh I hate to groom Goldens. Mine are so wild. I have a couple that are angels. One will jump in the tub, run to the cage (for the ear and feet drying), then run to the table, jump on it, hand me each of her paws, jump down and run back to the cage. She knows the routine and I'm not about to screw it up now by drying her completely in the tub..
    Becky

Comment

spellcheck

See what I mean about spell check. Look at my title "Goom" lol Today has got to be one of those days that I can't seem to get anything right. I lock my keys in the truck at my job and had to be a docs appt. I won't go on about the rest of my day. It was too crazy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah View Post
        See what I mean about spell check. Look at my title "Goom" lol Today has got to be one of those days that I can't seem to get anything right. I lock my keys in the truck at my job and had to be a docs appt. I won't go on about the rest of my day. It was too crazy!!!
        I didn't even notice, lol!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I just love almost all of my goldens! I want one some day. The only minus is that they are pretty dang lazy...

Comment

The only probelm I have with goldens are that most of them don't seem to be able to figure out that if you step off the side of the table, you'll fall.

Lucky for me I don't do very many.

Comment

I think its just luck..lol... That's true about stepping off of tables, I've often remarked, (mostly jokingly) about if they've just bred the smarts right out of them around here..Might just be a CA thing.

Comment

most of my goldens are great to groom. Actually had one in last week that weighed 135lbs. OMG! Three advil night!!!!!

Comment

I think it is luck. LOL it is so true about stepping off the table. Why do they instead of turning their heads away when they don't want you trimming their ears turn their head into your hand??? All the goldens I groom do the same thing. Oh and I love when they slam their butts down on the table and hide their tail when I trim the feathers. It's like they have the mentality of "what I don't have anything there.. you don't see it do you?"

Comment

Most of my goldens are pretty wild. And stubborn. They are so full of energy.
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

LOL,,,so true about sitting too.

Comment

It's amazing that they are so different in so many states, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X