What's wrong with me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with me!!

I don't know if I am just suffering from winter time blues, lazyness or something more insidious. I am normally a very energetic and motivated person, these past several weeks though I just can't seem to get myself to do anything but what I absolutely have to. I am just so tired feeling. Anyone else feeling like this? I am really hoping that when the days start getting longer I will get my bounce back!
    SheilaB from SC

I have been feeling the same...I honestly think that it's this time of the year...BLAH feeling, that's the word for it...
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Try taking a multi-vitamin in the morning and eat an apple with breakfast. An apple will give you a better "jolt" than a cup of coffee.
      I understand what you are feeling. It is so cold and dreary outside I hate it.
      I want sunshine.
      Try watching a funny movie, turn the radio on and dance. Sing outloud. Go out to a favorite restaurant tonight. Call a friend you havnt spoke to in a while.
      Let your pets give you some fuzz therapy.
      Hope you are feeling better soon.

Comment

You're not pregnant are you?! (I was always so tired when preggo..)

If not that, then maybe you could use some nutritional supplements.. try cod liver oil or some of that green food (it's a huge mix of different stuff..)..

Hope you feel better!

Comment

Is that you in your avatar (the gal not the dog )? If so you really do look tired. LOL
          I'm hoping it is the weather too, because I'm feeling the same. Maybe I should take some multi-vitamins or something, just to perk me up a bit. When warm weather hits I'll be back in the mountains again, in the nice wonderful sunshine.
          And diemonster I'm not pregnant!!!!!
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

It must be the work your but off hangover from the holidays. You work your buns off during the holidays and run around for 2 months crazy and then after you feel run down.. well atleast that is how I am feeling.

Comment

I've been really exhausted lately too. It's been so slow I've even tried napping, but it ain't working. Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

I'm the same way, but then again, I'm 8 months along.

Comment

I better not be preggers!!!!! I had my tubes tied after #3, so if I am there is a doctor who better start running....lol...Maybe you guys are right and it is just winter/post holiday blah's. I need to start taking my B complex vitamins again, they seem to give me a boost.
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

There is actually a condition which is a form of depression called Seasonal Depression or something along those lines. I was feeling the same way a couple years ago but also had mood swings once in a while too. I was diagnosed with that and was put on Welbutrin, then the next year I was put on Celexa. Just to help with the mood swings. Doctors say it's because of the weather, people crave the sunshine and in winter there is less of it making peoples moods worse.
                    Becky

Comment

Sounds like a case of SAD, the Seasonal Affective Disorder that they always talk about ad nauseum on the morning "news" shows...something about the less daylight negatively affects your mood blah blah psychoanalytical stuff. They say that sitting under a sun lamp will help. I was feeling that way last week, i find that after taking a while off it is hard to get back going again. I was better this week though, a couple of hectic days is all you really need to get your juices flowing again.

Comment

I thought about that Raggs, but I have been taking Zoloft since Josh was killed, so I think I am just being blah instead of depressed. If it keeps up I will mention it to my Dr. and see what he thinks.
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

I call it the post holiday let downs and Winter blues. I hate winter all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a blanket my dogs and go to sleep.
                          "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                          Nancy

Comment

Oh that's so sad. My step mom has been taking Zoloft since her brother was killed. Shot by the cops right in front of her. If she hadn't been leaning forward the bullet would have hit her too. So sad to lose family members.
                            Becky

Comment

two things that helped me

Try some full spectrum lighting. This time of year we don't get enough,
                              and it affects the hormone level in our brains.

And try some Syberian Gensing. This helped like nothing I have ever tried.
                              Make sure its syberian. Its leaf i believe, not root.
                              I am VERY touchy about stuff that wires me, or makes me sleepy and this is the best I have found.
                              If I take it, its like I notice the roses so I can bother to smell them.
                              I get stuff accomplished I have been putting off, and I just feel better.

Comment

Working...
                              X