Spritzing poodles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spritzing poodles?

I finally got around to watching the 2nd tape of the Sara Hawkes/Chris Pawlowsky tapes. She spritzes the hocks and a few other places with something. What is that and why is she doing it? Is it just static control, or is it something like Fluff Out?

I haven't seen the tapes so I'm not positive if this is why she does it. When I was learning to groom, long time ago. Back then I only had a stand dryer to dry dogs with. If the dog, poodle, was drying out too fast I would spritz it with just water to get it a little more moist so the hair would dry straight. With long hair dogs that were already dry, I would spritz with water so as not to break the coat. These were show dogs that I was doing. I don't spritz the pet dogs that I do now, except for maybe a poodles top knot that may need a little more moisture to make it straight.
    Hope this helped a little.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

When I took the poodle class with my poodle back in November, it was suggested that we use something to keep the hair a little moist. Brushing a dry poodle coat can cause breakage. What was recommended to us was Crown Royal. Then again, it could have been just water.
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Finishing Spray

I watched the Bichon tape by Sarah Hawks and she was using a finishing spray I think from best shot and/or something I had found in cherrybrook's book on the topknots to help them hold their shape. I use a spray gel from chris christensen.

Comment

I haven't seen the tapes either, but there are a couple of other possibilities. Fluff Out or a similar product is one. Hair spray is another. Too bad they didn't explain themselves better.

Comment

I went back and looked on the 1st tape, the pet trim and she used the same stuff. It's not water, it's milky looking. I've done the same thing as Pixie, spritzing w/ water when things are drying too fast, but I'll bet it's something along the lines of what FurryBest Job said. Thanks for your answers!

Comment

The product is Magic Touch by Crown Royal, as the Oster rep Chris kept away from any product names. She did explain that using a scissoring spray helps to refluff the coat and bring ends up that may have been missed.

Comment

i use fluuf out. that does the same thing

Comment

I do believe that Epilady above, is Sarah Hawks, so she is the one to listen to regarding this.

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I'm gonna say Magic Touch by Crown Royale too, Formula 3. That's what I've been taught to spray on poodles when scissoring and brushing. It's expensive though, and you dilute it a lot, you don't need much.
                    Erin
                    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

ice on ice by C-C is milky looking...

Comment

Working...
                      X