Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Master Blaster or similar dryer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Master Blaster or similar dryer??

I got my new Master Blaster dryer today. It is VERY powerful. I'm not used to it. Are these dryers okay for smaller dogs? Do you just use one motor? Or should I just be using this on the big hairy dogs? What do all of you do?

I use mine on everything. I use one motor for the small dogs and for the real tiny ones, I use one motor without the nozzle.
    I only ever used the 2 motors to fluff dry without the nozzle. Matter of fact, one of my motors blew (dont know how or why). I need to send it in to metro to have it fixed, but just haven't gotten around to it. I guess since I rarely used both motors, I dont really miss it.

Comment

I just use one motor when am doing small dogs and I take the tip off when doing faces, U will like it alot. I love the one I have. Works good on hairy dogs blows all the undercoat out.

Comment

depends. If you want to have some fun, put the dog on the floor and you can blow them around lol. I would only use one motor at first, try 2 and see what happens. Some dogs will be able to handle it, and some will fly right off your table lol
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I use a single speed with the nozzle on to blow off alot of the water. I then remove the nozzle and turn on both nozzles to dry the dog the rest of the way. It works well in getting right down to the skin (and of course I brush as I dry).
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I use just 1 motor for the little guys. Using the 2nd one just seems too powerful and some of the little ones are more reactive to the hv and the noise( the big dogs usually don't care as much).

Comment

ROFL...Lisa lisa lisa...that's hilarious!! I take the nozzle off mine when doing tiny dogs. or hold the nozzle away from the dog..My dogs like to pretend their going down the freeway @ 70 mph. You can make some of them feel like Marylin Monroe too. Watch out for ears and eyes. I've done it to myself and it hurts!

Comment

I use one motor for little dogs with the exception of some cockers that can stand both motors (usually because their built like a Mac truck) and two motors for the big guys unless they're super sensitive to the sound or air force.

What are you all using for hearing protection with your master blasters?

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                  depends. If you want to have some fun, put the dog on the floor and you can blow them around lol. I would only use one motor at first, try 2 and see what happens. Some dogs will be able to handle it, and some will fly right off your table lol

Good one Lisa I can't wait to get one of these
                  "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                  Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Shell View Post
                    I use one motor for little dogs with the exception of some cockers that can stand both motors (usually because their built like a Mac truck) and two motors for the big guys unless they're super sensitive to the sound or air force.

What are you all using for hearing protection with your master blasters?
                    I use cotton balls for me and the dogs. Mostly I use it for myself so I remember to take it out of the dogs ears. As far as what I do w/the motor speeds, I do what everyone else says. Use one motor for little guys and 2 for the biguns.
                    SheilaB from SC

Comment

I usually use my Circuiteer dryer on everything. It's more powerfull than my K9II. I use both motors on just about everything. The only exception is rabbits, puppies and very old, frail dogs; then I use one motor. I've never found that even tiny dogs can't handle it. Some don't like it, but that's a different matter. The only time I take the nozzle off is for drying faces.

Jessica, it might not be the motor, it might just be the switch. I've had that happen several times on different two motor dryers. When one motor stops working, it's always been the switch. Rather than send them out, we just take them to a local repair shop to have the switch replaced, and it's home the same day.

Comment

llboop:

GIRL, USE THAT DRYER and get used to it! The next time you have a keeshond come in with 6-12 months of undercoat, you'll be thankful you have it. Just put that dog straight in the tub, wash VERY well, at least twice, towel dry, and then watch the dryer do most of your "brushing" for you. I will often brush and dry at the same time, it helps make the hair look nice, and pulls out undercoat while the dryer blows.

If it was the only dryer I had, I would use one motor on the more tiny dogs, but I have a "hearty" yorkie that I use both motors on and she does fine. Her hair is so thick and takes soooo long to dry, that I started using it on her and it's fine. It's the itty bitties that I am afraid will get blown into the wall and up to the ceiling if I'm not careful.

If you're worried about the noise, just use one of your towels to wrap around the dog's neck/ears and tie at the throat or use a big hair clippy to hold it on, or even use the grooming loop to hold it in place, and be sure to wear ear protection for yourself. I used ear plugs for a while but they drive me nuts, I can't remove them or I'll get hair and water on them when I put them back in, so I just bought a pair of ear protective gear that you might wear at the shooting range. SO MUCH BETTER and so much easier!!

Tammy in Utah
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I use cotton balls, never thought about Ear Protective Gear, great idea.
                          I can see it now though..lol
                          Goggles, for all the hair flying, mask for nose and mouth, protective ear gear

Comment

This is Maggie. She is a 6 month old Shih-tzu. I used both motors on her and she was fine.
                            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Cats aren't too crazy about them either! LOL Many of the groomers here use small head gear for airline ground control. I have found that some old dogs have panic attack type reactions if they don't have cotton in their ears. Anyone else have that response in old dogs?

Comment

Working...
                              X