Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone out there knowledgeable about Irish water spaniels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there knowledgeable about Irish water spaniels?

Looking for detailed info on grooming procedures for them. Apparently, Notes Isn't cutting it with my new client.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I've only groomed one and she had very specific ideas on how it should look. She even wanted it curling back up after he was trimmed. I did him on a 7 Wahl guard comb Teddyish style scissors legs clean face with a rats tail but didn't touch topknot or ears those were left totally natural and untouched . oh and she didn't want the throat piece being left either but some clients do.

All I can suggest is go into total in depth details from nose to tail and discuss every inch of the dog with how she wants the dog to look.
    I had to do it with a beddy client but she wanted a modified tradtional ....the modification being shaved poodle feet and a flag tail and clean ears . it was her idea of a traditional one.

With some clients you could specialize and show their breed and it still wouldn't be good enough unfortuantly.

Good luck and have fun with the pooch

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmellow View Post
      I've only groomed one and she had very specific ideas on how it should look. She even wanted it curling back up after he was trimmed. I did him on a 7 Wahl guard comb Teddyish style scissors legs clean face with a rats tail but didn't touch topknot or ears those were left totally natural and untouched . oh and she didn't want the throat piece being left either but some clients do.

All I can suggest is go into total in depth details from nose to tail and discuss every inch of the dog with how she wants the dog to look.
      I had to do it with a beddy client but she wanted a modified tradtional ....the modification being shaved poodle feet and a flag tail and clean ears . it was her idea of a traditional one.

With some clients you could specialize and show their breed and it still wouldn't be good enough unfortuantly.

Good luck and have fun with the pooch
      My lady basically wanted the same thing. I used to groom two of them. Topknot and head in general just left curly and natural. She wasn't picky about body, usually did them in a 4 blade. Just know they take a long, long time to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X