What to Do When Dog Splashes your Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Do When Dog Splashes your Face

I work at a rescue place and bathe there but I keep getting acne whenever dog splashes my face while bathing them. What should I do in order to avoid? And yes they are very dirty and that happens when I shampoo

Hardware stores have a full face plastic mask. Not glasses, it's a full safety guard. Easy to wear and can still see everything.

Comment

Have you tried wearing a full clear plastic face screen/ mask thingy that dentists and orthopedic surgeons use ? I've got one for drying big shedding hairys, works well for me. Work got it for me so not sure where you could get one? Maybe amazon ?

Comment

Hang a shower curtain that you can duck behind when they shake. You can usually see it coming. That and turn your head away should work

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Harbor freight or a place like that

Comment

Protection, as others have said, would help. But why let them shake all over in the first place? You can usually tell when it's coming, so hold the dog's head in place by putting your hand on the side of the head. When you control the head, you can control the body. I don't like to get wet! When the bath is done, I have a towel handy to cover my face, and then, I let them shake.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              Hardware stores have a full face plastic mask. Not glasses, it's a full safety guard. Easy to wear and can still see everything.
              I'm having trouble finding it online.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
                Protection, as others have said, would help. But why let them shake all over in the first place? You can usually tell when it's coming, so hold the dog's head in place by putting your hand on the side of the head. When you control the head, you can control the body. I don't like to get wet! When the bath is done, I have a towel handy to cover my face, and then, I let them shake.
                ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Amazon. Bio face mask

Comment

Agree^^^^^^
                    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Sooflymami View Post
                      I work at a rescue place and bathe there but I keep getting acne whenever dog splashes my face while bathing them. What should I do in order to avoid? And yes they are very dirty and that happens when I shampoo
                      If for some reason you don't have the mask or other protection, take a clean wash rag and some apple cider vinegar. Wet the rag and work in a little of the vinegar and this dilutes it a little, or in glass dilute the ACV like 1 to 3 with water. Then lightly wipe your face. Amazing results. Many stars and models use ACV on their skin on red spots, but I started do thing proactively and don't get the red spots. Let it dry and later you can moisture as it can dry skin. I don't get acne but I do get red spots from gunky dogs like you.

Comment

Originally posted by blingwithfur View Post
                        If for some reason you don't have the mask or other protection, take a clean wash rag and some apple cider vinegar. Wet the rag and work in a little of the vinegar and this dilutes it a little, or in glass dilute the ACV like 1 to 3 with water. Then lightly wipe your face. Amazing results. Many stars and models use ACV on their skin on red spots, but I started do thing proactively and don't get the red spots. Let it dry and later you can moisture as it can dry skin. I don't get acne but I do get red spots from gunky dogs like you.
                        Great suggestions. I have rosacea and get breakouts from time to time if I forget to rinse my hair during the evening shower. This sounds like great thing to try. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sooflymami View Post
                          I'm having trouble finding it online.
                          I found one on Amazon for $10! So going to try this as I hate my safety glasses always fogging up.
                          It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I think mask is the best solution.

Comment

If this happens, don't open your eyes or mouth and intake anything. That's my first reaction. And that was a learned response. LOL I have clean towels right there at the tub, so I grab for one of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X