Difference between shop, salon and spa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between shop, salon and spa

I know to us there may not be a big distinction, but what about people with pets. What do you think they think when they hear a place is a grooming shop, or grooming salon or a pet spa (rarely hear grooming spa)?

I don't think it makes much difference to clients. If I heard 'pet spa', I would think ultra high end (with high prices), and it better be as advertised-posh. I think the 'spa' thing is an overused gimmick.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

We call our mobile a pet spa. Doesn't matter what you call it. It's like in any other industry to jazz up a name.

But if you have spa in your name you should offer a pet spa service like mud baths and facial and paw treatments etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I know I get different images in my head from the different terms. Customers started calling my shop a salon. I call it a shop. Oh for the upscale ambitions to call it a spa......

Comment

I prefer salon to grooming shop. Just sounds nicer.

Comment

I named my place 14 years ago and called it ItzaClip! Doggy Day Spa. At the time I didn't offer any spa like treatments. I wasn't very special, or fancy. But through the years I have gotten into all that stuff and also renovated a million times to slowly acheive the look and feel I want.( it wasn't quite finished yet) we still have a shelf to build on the far wall..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Itza, I like all the Flairisol bottles. Like the metal pipe shelving too.

Comment

Today.... I was more of a chop shop than a salon lol. I should call my salon.. "Iffy but Spiffy Grooming".. catchy, no??
                Debbie
                There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Your salon is gorgeous, Itza!!
                  Debbie
                  There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

thanks! its awork of love in progress, once its done i will take videos etc and do a post on it.

Comment

I love all the wall paper. Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Maltesepom View Post
                        I love all the wall paper. Beautiful
                        The one down in the lower store isn't wallpaper, my hubby drew and designed me " poodle wallpaper" stencil and we painted it in the wall.

Comment

To the OP, it's just a matter of symatics and marketing. To Itza, adore your shop & style!
                          It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                            The one down in the lower store isn't wallpaper, my hubby drew and designed me " poodle wallpaper" stencil and we painted it in the wall.

Omg, is there anything you cannot do ! I don't think so.

Comment

I think a spa would provide unique services, more than a grooming shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X