No announcement yet.

I'm not allowed to use clipper combs on any heads at work and I'm struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not allowed to use clipper combs on any heads at work and I'm struggling

I don't know I don't have bad scissoring skills but what are your opinions on it. My boss says it is laziness and cheating.

Your boss needs to get a life. I rough in most of my heads with combs, then scissor and thinner finish.
    Hope your boss is prepared for slower groom output per day and a higher risk of pet injury the more time you spend with shears bear the face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Your boss is an idiot.
      (sorry -not sorry)
      TBH's turn out SO much better with clipper combs. So much faster and as Tom says safer.

Comment

Anything that makes our job faster and safer, and with good results is a good thing. I suppose your boss thinks using combs to set body length instead of hand scissoring the whole dog is cheating also?? She needs to wake up!
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
          Your boss is an idiot.
          (sorry -not sorry)
          TBH's turn out SO much better with clipper combs. So much faster and as Tom says safer.
          LMAO!
          I do totally agree with Cockerlvr and Tom and Karla.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Yeah why is it ok to use combs on the body but not the head? Maybe your boss should hand scissor the whole dog if she or he is a purist.

I wonder if surgeons are cheating if they do laparoscopic surgery instead of the old cut em open and do it by hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
              LMAO!
              I do totally agree with Cockerlvr and Tom and Karla.
              YEP! I teach them that way for the safety, consistency and speed.
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I agree with what everyone is saying........I use combs on every head that needs trimming, and guess what......I'm not lazy or cheating (By-the-way,......cheating on what????)

Happy grooming faster, safer and better

Dolly's Barking bubbles, LLC

dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Big fat lazy cheater here. And my dogs like it. They get off the table faster, due to reduced nit picky time.

Comment

Haha Dolly! I love it! Cheating on what?

Comment

Hey, I'm a lazy cheater as well!!! I'm trying to think, if you know a better way that results in better results... why would you not be able to do it your way? My first instructor, not too long ago, mind you.. had NO use for curves, thinners, or chunkers. But boy oh boy.. I learned how to use skip tooth blades on every dog that came in. Then I learned about wet shaving. Funny.. coming from a hairdressers point of view, years ago.. I had to work on dirty dogs which grossed me out to no end. Now I'm my own boss and I can do what I want lol.
                      Debbie
                      There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

I totally agree but I feel so a lost. I like the shop a lot but that is one thing I don't agree on. But if I don do it the way will be out of a job or not get any dogs. I feel like I'm just making my job harder but it is not my sop.

Comment

I feel like I have to re train myself for doing heads now. It is very frustrating

Comment

My boss says that the clients pay us good money for scissoring. And that petco does snap on combs and we're strictly scissoring. Even though we use guard comb on body

Comment

Well, that's just sillier than a sack of buttholes.

Comment

Working...
                              X