I know you may know this ... But ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know you may know this ... But ....

Be careful how you word stuff at your vets.

I took my Ollie in for vaccs , work rang my old vets for his history and I am sounding like a nut job and saying he has allergies when he doesn't so now is not covered by his insurance for any allergies.

A few years ago we ( by UK standards) had bad snow with a tonne of grit put on the ground. Ollie's feet became really sore raw and weepy so being young nieve and wanting to be a good dog owner took him to the vets . the treated him with antibiotics and steroids ( now I'd probably just bath them and crate rest with lead walks and booties)

Any way after that when ever he walked on wet concrete/ tarmac / rough gritty surface he'd lift his back foot up
    He's a special dog any way and nothing wrong with him but when I brought it up with the vet at his booster they checked him walking on smooth dry indoor flooring and said nothing wrong yet my notes make me out to be nuts ! I felt insulted by how it was worded and how they kept mentioning allergies yet he's never had any flair ups before or Since.
    I don't think they expected me to be able to read my notes.

Wow what a mess.

Comment

I am beyond annoyed with it.

Comment

Sp what are you annoyed with?........the fact that the insurance won't cover allergies or that the vets just checked him on a slick smooth floor? Sounds like Ollie is fine....so I don't understand what the issue is.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Maybe denial is a good option here. Just pretend you never read the notes I figure I'm better off not knowing what other people think of me.

Comment

I'm not annoyed that they've pur possible allergies but more with the way the notes were written.... They make me out to be a nut job . (I know Ollie is fine besides having to lose a kilo the little fattie )

Even vet was like have they got me mixed up with another client ?as he was certain they sent the wrong notes over That's how I ended up reading my notes cuz the vet showed me them.

Gah! I promise I'm not a nutter !!!!!

Oh well..... Into denial I go .....

Comment

Just be careful in the future, nothing you can do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmellow View Post
                I'm not annoyed that they've pur possible allergies but more with the way the notes were written.... They make me out to be a nut job . (I know Ollie is fine besides having to lose a kilo the little fattie )

Even vet was like have they got me mixed up with another client ?as he was certain they sent the wrong notes over That's how I ended up reading my notes cuz the vet showed me them.

Gah! I promise I'm not a nutter !!!!!

Oh well..... Into denial I go .....
                Ok, I get it. Well, maybe the person who wrote the vet notes was a nut......I have seen that before when shop was located in vet clinics.
                We know you arn't nuts or in denial.
                Glad you were able to vent on here.....helps huh?
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

It really does help

Comment

Oh I'm so sorry.. I know, been there.. right after we got insurance on one of our dogs, she got stung by a bee.. and the insurance company would no longer cover any reactions to bee stings.. since it was considered.. "pre-existing." SMH

Yeah.. I've read some notes and had to clarify that the vet was wrong more than a couple of times. Like when this vet did my cat's anal glands (which didn't need doing, he just did on every animal to get an extra $12.00) well, that pissed my cat off, then the vet tech tried to give fluids to a pissed off cat, so my cat bit the vet tech twice. She only had 7 teeth.. and yes.. yes.. I'm so sorry my cat bit you with her nasty fangs.. BUT.....you need to learn to read cats better. So from then on my cat was labeled as horribly aggressive. Hmm.
                    Debbie
                    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

So the vet isn't smart enough to test your dog's feet on a rough surface, and makes you out to be the nutter? Um, no. A change of vet might be indicated, not for rude notes, but for not looking after Ollie like you want him to. I'm a nosey Parker, myself and would definitely read any and all notes that appeared in front of me....or on a desk somewhere. I'm just glad some of my customers can't read notes I keep on them!

Comment

I changed vets almost 2 years ago and they hadn't received his history when he had a dental when i first started working at the vets as their groomer. They only requested his his history to see which vaccs he needed as my current vet likes to do the dhp vacc every 3-5 years depending on pets age and susceptibility and I had forgot his vacc card.

When my current vet writes notes its rare to see anything beyond owner reports/ felt/ noticed what ever issue and same with nurses and reception again with things like owner rang for advice /concerned/ to order. I've only seen 3 occasions where clients have had negative notes about the owner and that's due to rudeness or refusal to pay or too much personal contact. But again these are not rude or unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by daesue View Post
                          Oh I'm so sorry.. I know, been there.. right after we got insurance on one of our dogs, she got stung by a bee.. and the insurance company would no longer cover any reactions to bee stings.. since it was considered.. "pre-existing." SMH

Yeah.. I've read some notes and had to clarify that the vet was wrong more than a couple of times. Like when this vet did my cat's anal glands (which didn't need doing, he just did on every animal to get an extra $12.00) well, that pissed my cat off, then the vet tech tried to give fluids to a pissed off cat, so my cat bit the vet tech twice. She only had 7 teeth.. and yes.. yes.. I'm so sorry my cat bit you with her nasty fangs.. BUT.....you need to learn to read cats better. So from then on my cat was labeled as horribly aggressive. Hmm.
                          OMG what can I say, I would find another vet.

Comment

Working...
                          X