Water heater just stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water heater just stopped working

Well at least it happened on a Tuesday when things are not quite as busy. It is electric and we noticed some water in the pan. Probably shot. Got an emergency appointment so we can be open tomorrow. Argh.

Yep it is hard to keep a spare for that. However, we do have in our emergency kit a hot water maker for camping, so we could make a few gallons.

Comment

Did the waterheater get replaced or repaired in a timely manner Pets?
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Guess it's time for a new one. I had one go in my old shop. I walked in Tues morning to find a massive flood! At least my insurance paid for new flooring. The one I have now in my home shop is nearly 15yrs old. My plumber just grimaced when I told him. I know I'll be replacing it sooner than later. I can't bring myself to replace something that's working just fine...will probably regret that one day!
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Hopefully they can fix the problem, ASAP. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Hope your grooming later today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes they replaced the water heater, it was shot. We got a good energy efficient model and a bit larger by 10 gallons. Happy!

Comment

Mine went out a few years back and we rushed and did the all the baths we could while the water was still hot, had some come in early even. Insulation kept a warm enough for I think at least 2 hours.

Comment

Don't know if you're able to do it but a tankless water heater is a godsend. Cheaper to operate since you aren't always heating water when you're not using it. Al oust instant hot water (so less waste waiting for it to get to,the right temp) and they don't flood the place. Mounted higher on a wall they keep working even if there is an actual flood ( friend testified after Sandy took filled most of the lower flooor of her place on Long Island).
                  Before you replace with a traditional please check it out

Comment

I learned that you have to check the ratings of on demand really carefully. Some are fantastic and some don't live up to potential or have problems. I am in that position now, do I get one with my new shop or not. The extra space would be better than big tank, but the old fashioned ones it seems you can count on more. What brand do you use Honey?

Comment

I am curious too. We went into a building that had one already installed for us and I was not so pleased with our brand. We switched at our cost to a 100 gallon tank.

Comment

We opted up to a 100 gallon last time ours went out. Very efficient and it would give us hot to warm water long enough to get all the dogs bathed.

Comment

Working...
                        X