REALLY Mobile Grooming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY Mobile Grooming

LOL Hubs and I were talking last night. We are older parents, didn't have our last kid until I was 38 he was 45. We are MORE than ready to be empty nesters and retire (though we still have five more years before the youngest graduates high school). However, I don't really want to retire, I want to keep grooming until I can't. Plus he is seven years older than me, so to be able to have our dream of traveling around the country, we'll need to do it before I'm of retirement age.

We were laughing about this idea last night. Drive around the country in our motor home, towing a tiny grooming trailer, and groom at RV parks.

We laughed, but now I'm thinking why not? Why wouldn't it work?

But I know people that have done this. Actually 3 specifically over the years. One actually took 5 years I think and she would buy up some rundown businesses, put them in order, and sell it again. No kidding, no exaggeration, she became pretty WEALTHY. Long story, but I followed her path. She would buy Mom's book, give it to them, stay on a few weeks with them living out of their RV, sight see all the months this took, and then move on. She bought some businesses using the ads here. I have stories.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

People in our industry don't realize there are even ex-pat groomers who have moved to Belize, Costa Rica and Panama. Costa being the most American with dogs and they still do some grooming out of their homes.
      Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

I once worked with a gal that would pack up the rv (a REALLY nice one!) and would drive from Texas to Georgia, live in her rv in the parking lot, and groom in our shop. She would stay a few months, and move on to her next locale. Worked for her...so why not?

Comment

I think for the right person it's a travel fantasy come true and it always seems there is work for groomers. I love this profession.

Comment

It would work Cockerlvr.

Comment

I thought about something like this before I became an employer and married. I still may cutback in several years and go this route. My husband is looking for jobs that allow him to work online only and he could do that from the RV. I love this idea.

Comment

My main wish is that the RV is paid off first so we are not making payments, and just paying where we park it. We would want a paid off gas efficient smaller car. Then it is even more comfortable idea and no payment stress. Nice lifestyle.

Comment

I've shared before about groomers I know doing the RV thing across the USA and those also buying up grooming businesses and turning them over along the way. I thought I would share another option we have been a part of. I have companies in Asia and Europe that actually look for successful grooming business owners to travel and consult helping them with their international projects. My mother and I have consulted with them flying over here for conferences, but they often ask us to go to go onsite in their countries. Too busy here. So we have found grooming business owners we know of here in the US, to do just that. They got all expense paid trips to Asia and Europe and some fees. Something else to consider.

Comment

I have wanted to do this for a while now. Pack up live in an RV or even a boat, and temp groom at a shop wherever I end up. Seems some smaller shop owners are open to the idea same as a groomer who "snow-birds" from two different states. I really hope to be able to groom like that some day because I love grooming, I just hate being stuck in one spot all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X