Was I wrong to ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I wrong to ....

Rearrange a client who has 2 hand scissors Lhasa's when they rang at 3:05pm saying they were gonna be another half an hour late ?

These 2 dogs usually take me 3 hours in total , an hour to bath and dry both and then an hour each scissoring... I would have been here last night till 7pm which , while I try to be accommodating I was not prepared to stay till then. I've moved them to tomorrow but today I'm feeling guilty about it
    Just needing to feel like it was OK to do that cuz its the first time here I've done it ...I've rearranged clients when silly booking have been made or what ever but never when they rang saying they are on the way and will be such and such an amount of time

Nope. 30 mins late at that time of day is not ok. 10/15 is ok. considering they were already 5 late ( from understanding) I don't think you were wrong.

Comment

Were you wrong? Of course not. Your business, your policies, your decisions. Sometimes a half hour break is a lovely treat and sometimes hand scissoring doesn't go so well at 6:30 after a long day. You have to be in charge of knowing what is best for you and stick with it.

Comment

Yeah , they were booked for 3 I love these dogs and I enjoy doing them but I just felt guilty for rearranging them but I had to as I had other commitments I couldn't be late for

Comment

I also have 2 hand scissor bichon s every 3 weeks. Need 3 hours total. It can only be morning early in week. I can't do them late in the day. My hands just don't cooperate and I'm worn out by then to do precision detail work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

What Tom and the others said. You don't you a favor to your client to try and do their dogs when you're tired. You have to do it when there's adequate time and no pressure. Some take longer than others and they just have to understand.
            (I just had one this morning called and want to know if they could come and hour and a half late on Saturday. I told him no. They have to be here at the drop off time or they had to reschedule. Back-and-forth back-and-forth back-and-forth – then claiming that I'm being unreasonable – and I simply reminded them that the last time they brought their dog again in November, it took over three hours to take care of it because they didn't rush. They were more than welcome then to bring it in on Saturday and pay the expedited fee of two times the charge. They rescheduled for next week.)

Comment

Thanks guys you've helped me feel less guilty about it

Comment

No.. not at all.. your doctor would have rescheduled you.
                Debbie
                There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

And so would my dentist and my hairdresser and my vet infact my dentist would give me a a strike ... 3 strikes your out ( very highly sought after dentist )
                  Its one of my greatest peeves cuz they wouldn't be late for any of those type of appointments. Why. Do they think its OK ?

However , new receptionist is amazing ! She felt with the late client and rearranged them for me and if a client is late and I'm upstairs bathing she will come upstairs and tell me instead of buzzing up just to make the wait a little longer while I bath the one that's arrived on time, she really cannot stand people being late at all , I think I'm in love !!!

Comment

No you are not wrong. In fact this is training your clients to not only show up on time or there are consequences but also to appreciate your time. Back in the day when I had issues like these, even if I had open spaces I would tell themi have to put them on av waiting list and make them wait a day or so until an " opening" came available. I'm not including people who have good reason to miss. If they are chronic or repeat offenders, I make them wait longer. I remember ( mark it on card) and they don't get squeezed in like I would for VIP client.
                    The side effect is that every client I have works around my schedule. Most take day off if need to. You might lose some flakey ones who can't commit, but typically it smartens up the rest.
                    I also verbally tell each client my policy on late/ no show fees. I explain to all new clients how if they are late or wait until they are late to call me that it makes me behind. In this day of cell phones there's no excuse. I would rather they tell me at 10 to that they are running behind and then I can take my dogs out for potty walk. Or get a coffee rather than standing there waiting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Zip wrong.

Comment

My cut-off is at 20 minutes. If someone calls ahead of time, to tell me that they will be late, I COULD go to as late as a half hour, if they are truthful with me. People that just walk in 20-25 minutes late get rescheduled. If they call and tell me they're going to be 5 minutes late, then come 20-30 minutes later, they are definitely being rescheduled.

Comment

Well they showed up mins early yesterday which was great , however they wanted about half the length off all over so going from about 6 inches to about 3 took me forever. Still left really late but they looked good and owners were happy and really apologetic so that's good . got t home last night and hubby had dinner ready plus a bubble bath with a lovely boozy lemonade

Comment

Like Itza said......we train our customers by how we run our business. Our doctors, hairdressers and vets don't feel guilty at all yet we do this to ourselves for some reason. My rule is after 15 min with no phone call, you get rescheduled..... I broke my ankle 3 weeks ago and gratefully am able to be in a boot and keep working. The first week a very good customer who always tips well was 3 hours late for appt and never called. When their appt time came and went I called THEM on all their phones and left messages. The husband finally came sashying in with dog and I rescheduled them for 2 weeks out because I was in pain and had my limit for the day. His explanation"Well, I had things to do this morning so didn't get here".........trust me....he was surprised that I wouldn't "fit her in", but I don't think he will do that again. I also tell every new customer about my 15 minute rule up front.

Comment

I rather have a customer coming too early than late. I'm a very patient person but when they're late I get the feeling only their time is important and mine is nothing ! To put them on a so called waiting list, is a fantastic idea.
                              I'm going to use that as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X