Wearing earplugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing earplugs

I do around my HV but how many of you use the large headphone type ones versus the inserts. I think those headphone style work better but some vanity here, I just don't like my hair flattened by them. So my question is the pod type ear inserts, does any recommend a brand or model of them that works better than the others?

This won't answer your question, but I have ear buds in to listen to music/audiobooks/podcasts/ect so I use ear muffs. But I also don't like my hair being flattened so I found a pair of muffs that connect behind my head instead of over my head, on amazon.

Comment

That's great ! I've actually seen in a catalogue earmuffs that fit on each ear - like an individual wrap. Always that they were silky - but I don't need earmuffs in Florida.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Behind-Ear...ing+protection

Comment

I use the 3m silicone plugs on the plastic cord that they sell at Home Depot. I've found that the corded earplugs can be run through the loop of the tags at the neck of my smock and are always where I need them, where other headset or individual ones are prone to getting misplaced

Comment

I get an earplug called "hearing band" which comes with replacement ear pods. I don't like to put it over my head, so I pull out ear pods and insert them into my ears. When I don't need them, I just put them in my pocket. Works really well)

Comment

I use ear plugs AND muffs....the ones I use are by flare audio. They muffle damaging noise frequencies but don't take away the ability to hear. the muffs add more protection...
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Ooh that might work. I don't like headphones that rest on top of my head, I get a quick headache from them. Thanks, these might work. I find the ear pods don't do as good a job.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Custo...lded+ear+plugs

These are molded to the shape of your ears and work as well as the bulky earmuffs. They also last for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                    I use ear plugs AND muffs....the ones I use are by flare audio. They muffle damaging noise frequencies but don't take away the ability to hear. the muffs add more protection...
                    Ear muffs are the best. The ones that you purchase from a Hardware store.

Comment

I get mine a Lowes, more like headphones but light, and while I too don't like the feeling of headphones, it's not for that long. They work great.

Comment

I wish I could require my employees to wear them, but I learned that regulators just don't know much about grooming risks for employees, so cannot.

Comment

As much as I am a safety freak about everything else, I just can not make hearing protection work for me. I wish I could. I just do what I can to minimize the noise. So far, I still have doggone near bionic hearing, but I don't know how long that luck will last. Good thing I already know ASL, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                          X