No announcement yet.

Groomers Under Investigation of Animal Abuse (VA) - Former Employee Allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomers Under Investigation of Animal Abuse (VA) - Former Employee Allegations

http://wtvr.com/2017/03/23/groomers-...rmer-employee/

Pictures News Video

LOUISA COUNTY, Va. -- Jessica Boston calls her 17-month-old poodle, Arya, her baby.

She used to take Arya to her old grooming job at Primp My Pet in Mineral last year, but she quit the job after just a few months due to conditions at the business.

"After my days off, I would come in to dry urine and feces on the floor," Boston said.

Boston said the grooming business was not safe for her dog or other dogs, and she watched one of the owners groom dogs in a rough manner.

"She gets angry very quickly, loses her temper very quickly," Boston said.

Boston is speaking out after the Louisa County Sheriff's Office opened an investigation into allegations of animal abuse at the business.

"There was enough there to concern me enough to go ahead and start an active investigation," Louisa Chief Deputy Major Donnie Lowe said.

Lowe said a post on Facebook caught his attention, which allegedly showed dogs being groomed at Primp My Pet about two years ago, in a way that does not sit well with Lowe or Boston.

PHOTO GALLERY

"It did appear it was questionable as to whether that was the proper way of grooming an animal," Lowe said.

"I cried. That is going to hurt the dog, it's not safe," Boston said.

Lowe made contact with the woman who posted the pictures, and so did CBS 6 reporter Melissa Hipolit......................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Some of those pictures tell the story.

Comment

Ugh when will this end?

Comment

"...nothing inappropriate in the pictures." I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but that poor dog hanging off the table... that looks pretty inappropriate to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
          "...nothing inappropriate in the pictures." I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but that poor dog hanging off the table... that looks pretty inappropriate to me.
          I guess we saw different pictures.........dog hanging off a table, the entire body of a dog being held down on the table, and a broken table is what I saw........

Happy not giving a benefit of doubt after 30 years of experience

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
            I guess we saw different pictures.........dog hanging off a table, the entire body of a dog being held down on the table, and a broken table is what I saw........

Happy not giving a benefit of doubt after 30 years of experience

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
            I'll clarify. In general, as in generally speaking about things in general generalness, I am pretty generous with benefit of doubt because I realize that things are not always what they appear at face value.

Also, I occasionally make a nod at past discussions which would be considering context.

In this very specific case right here with the aforementioned pictures, it appears pretty damning and I am adequately appalled and hereby issuing a very public proclamation of that sentiment.

Hope that helps.

Happy unclenching sometimes.

Comment

Oh boy, my vet would go bonkers seeing how she has that dog positioned on the table down to her lap. That is not a position to keep a pet in and hard on joints and muscles.

Comment

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...otos/22013785/
                Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

Working...
                X